close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

88 year old vet beat to death in spokane.

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by longtimelurker, Aug 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RagnarDanneskjold

RagnarDanneskjold Senior Pirate

Jul 8, 2013
    Behind the Tofu Curtain
    Interesting... Can a (false) prediction about the future be a lie? I think we can agree that an honest prediction, turning out to be erroneous, is not a lie, but a real-estate agent, telling buyers that prices are about to go up, and simultaneously telling sellers that they're surely going down, is lying to someone, no?

2. mortpes

mortpes

Oct 1, 2006
    I checked the crime data for that area and assaults are common.

3. mike from st pe

mike from st pe

Apr 30, 2007
    St Pete FL
    Why is this not a hate crime?

4. F350

F350

Feb 3, 2005
    The Wyoming Plains
    Some how I can't make the 2 quotes jive, second quote sure sounds like there was HATE involved not just random robbery.

5. RagnarDanneskjold

RagnarDanneskjold Senior Pirate

Jul 8, 2013
    Behind the Tofu Curtain
    Not necessarily. People who believe they're entitled to your stuff can work up some real anger when you don't hand it over fast enough, or could be exorcising some daddy-directed rage, or just be an old-fashioned psycho. :dunno:

6. Slug71

Slug71

Mar 7, 2010
    Oregon - U.S.A
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWJAzpsXxVM&feature=c4-overview&list=UUFa_paUy6F2IMpUOtgZA1fg"]WWll Veteran Beaten to Death by THUGS... - YouTube[/ame]

7. longtimelurker

longtimelurker

Feb 20, 2013
    That was a really great video that I'm glad you shared Slug. The problem is the whole thug culture, and I really like how he got his message across.

8. IV Troop

IV Troop

Jun 19, 2004
    50 cents comments will get this locked quickly for sure.

That being said, it is readily apparent that this was a blatantly obvious racially motivated hate crime. The same with the senseless murder in Oklahoma.

We do not need to do anything "extra" in either circumstance. We have hate crime laws already on the books. They simply need to be applied and let it be known that justice works for everyone as it was intended.

Now whether there is a prosecutor and a police chief with the guts to speak the plain honest truth in today's society and take on such a fight, that is the real question.

9. Eric

Eric Big Giant Head Staff Member Admin Moderator

Jan 1, 1970
    Folks, there are some screwed up things going on in this country today and I understand that people want to discuss them, but there are limits.

Racist comments are not allowed. Threats, comments advocating illegal activity and the discussion of illegal acts are not allowed. It hasn't escaped my attention that many of the threads of this type have been posted by and argued by the same small group of users. Plenty of people are concerned about these issues and post in these threads, but the same few users pop up in every one of them.

There is no doubt that there is racial tension in this country, but I don't want it here. As I have said many times before, the racial problems this nation faces will not be settled on this site. All that can come of arguing this topic here is to further divide this community. I don't want that. It is inevitable that some current events that are discussed will brush up against matters of race, but I don't want debates/arguments on racial matters here. They end in trainwrecks 100% of the time and they accomplish NOTHING. Please, give this topic a rest. Eric

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.