close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

870 with Wilson Scattergun Tech..installation???

Discussion in 'Tactical Shotguns' started by speicher, Nov 28, 2010.

1. speicher

speicher

Jun 21, 2006
    OH.
    I'm actually curious to see if the gunsmith at the range that I go to did it properly. I noticed a couple of things, so those of you in the know, please help me out.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

OK, as you can see, the mounting screw on the rear of the sight base is protruding a small amount in to the receiver and the front mounting screw is as well, but is essentially flush with the reciever. Did this guy screw up or is this normally how these sights look when mounted on 870 receivers?

2. mike4570

mike4570

Jun 17, 2002
    Scottsville, Va
    Normal. If the bolt doesn't hit the screw what does it matter?

3. aippi

aippi

Jun 12, 2009
    When I mount them the rear screw is general right up against the rear of the receiver or even into it. This is placing them the same place as they come on the Remington Factory mounted receivers.

As long as you can adjust them to get the POI you want it does not matter. Shoot slugs and if you can get them where you want them then all is fine.