870 used

Discussion in 'Tactical Shotguns' started by Mochahooligan, Sep 9, 2012.

1. Thinking of picking up a used one for a build. What is a reasonable price?

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Loading...

Similar Threads Forum Date
    Clinton says jail was 'right thing' for Kentucky clerk who refused to issue marriage licenses Political Issues Thursday at 6:09 AM
    What you post will be used against you The Okie Corral Wednesday at 12:00 PM
    WTS HK USP Compact .40 12 round mags used $15 shipped Gun Parts & Accessories Oct 3, 2015
    Oregon Mass Shooter On Terror List Obama Refused To Take From Russia Political Issues Oct 3, 2015
    My 22, 380, and 357 have a new used G17 for company! Introduction Forum Oct 3, 2015

3. Depends on which 870. I paid $225 for one of my WM's and $190 for the other that needed a little work. I wouldn't pay much for an express model.

4. Hour13

Hour13 Tah-dah!

I paid $350 for an 870 Magnum lightly used, but it came with original & Hogue furniture, mag extension, side saddle, 150+ #00 shells, hard case, and multiple barrels.

Because everything included was stuff I would've bought for it myself(aside from the case perhaps), I considered it a good buy.
  5. Well have to keep an eye for a good price. Thanks !
  6. I picked up 2 used 870's from pawn shops last month. One was a super mag with 2 barrels for 215.00 but the stock had some scratches which I am refinishing. But otherwise flawless. The second was a 870 Turkey gun with a 21 inch barrel and the receiver is tapped for a rail for 220.00 in flawless condition. The deals on them are out there, just have to look around.
    #5 JDennis, Sep 12, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2012
  7. GlockPride

GlockPride Glock 23

The past two used ones I have paid $120 for each. Now, they needed a new follower, a spring or two and heavy cleaning. I am looking for another one now and being patient. Need another 20" barreled car gun.
  8. El_Ron1

$190 for the Walmart Magnum Express in a bank parking lot. Sat much, shot little... About 10 rounds through it. The famous rust prone finish responded well to a Corrosion X rubdown. It's got a smooth action for a newer one.
    itisbruno likes this.
  9. I recently paid $260.00 OTD for a 1989 made Remington 870 Express with an 18'' barrel. The gun is mechanically like new. He previous own, who is a big shotgun shooter, bought it as a HD gun. This gun "may" have had 20 rounds fired thru it.

It has a metal trigger guard, detent ball on the barrel, and no dipples on the mag tube.
  10. Well found a used one for $100.00 gonna get it tomorrow and think bout what to do with it!
  11. Congrats!! Good luck with your new project.
  12. GlockPride

GlockPride Glock 23

Good find! Two items that I like are the Vang Stainless follower as the Remington plastic can scratch and hang up as well as the Big Head Safety. Good additions for not much $.
  13. Update, I started the wait yesterday for a PD trade in 870 and it turns out its a Magnum too! Cant beat the price it has wood furniture for now. I will try to post pics when I get it home.
  14. Police trade in for $100 is a good price.

Local shop has 2 with rifle sights for $200 each.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine
  15. Update got my 2 round mag tube extension from Wilson. I am going to send it out for refinishing in a week.
  16. tim12232

tim12232 Pistolero

Are they still letting law abiding citizens buy guns down there in the Peoples Republic of Illinois?
  17. Yes they are. And if it was not for my job we would have moved years ago.

Pics I have to figure out how to with my new Mac.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine
  18. I hope I did this right. I am trying to upload a pic.