close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

870 Sling/Mount Set up..Help ?

Discussion in 'Tactical Shotguns' started by BoxerDog25, Jan 8, 2012.

1. BoxerDog25

BoxerDog25

Dec 31, 2006

2. aippi

aippi

Jun 12, 2009
  3. collim1

collim1 Shower Time!

Mar 14, 2005
    USA
    Thats similar to the mount I use. If you run a Surefire fore-end a sling mounted to the factory point will jam up the fore-end.

4. SCSU74

SCSU74 St. Cloud Proud

Jul 24, 2010
    The Northwoods
    I currently use Midwest industries loop sling adaptor, it has been rock solid so far... I'd check brownells before midway, brownells offers a Leo discount and is much cheaper a lot of the time

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

5. Buffering

Buffering The Cooler

Aug 8, 2005
    Rocking the Casbah
    I had the MI loop on my 870 but took it off because I didn't like the extra length, although minimal, that it added to the LOP. I sorta defeated the purpose of going with a shorter stock.

Instead, I went with the Mesa single loop and it's the bee's knees for me! I give myself the :yourock: emoticon.

6. sgt-spam

sgt-spam NRA Life Member

Jan 24, 2008
    NE Ohio
    I'm looking for a solution to this as well.

I use a VCAS with QD adapters on my ARs and like it a lot. Easy to adjust, and easy to remove if need be.

My problem on the shotgun is that I can't seem to come up with an easy way to remove the sling from my Wilson Combat mag extension since the buckle on the VCAS is at the back / stock end.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2012
  7. SCSU74

SCSU74 St. Cloud Proud

Jul 24, 2010
    The Northwoods
    It really doesn't add any lop the adaptor is cut out to fit over whatever stock you use. Maybe adds 1/16"

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

8. I had a GG&G single point mount and a Blackhawk sling. In my opinion, a shotgun is to heavy for a single point.

9. Jeep junky

Jeep junky

Jul 9, 2010
    Kansas City MO.
    Thank you!!!!
    Everyone wants a Single point sling, since its the fashion rage in our current combat zones...
    I have a new 870, and am wanting a 3 point sling to help control the wieght of the gun, and remain comfortable.

10. Buffering

Buffering The Cooler

Aug 8, 2005
    Rocking the Casbah
  11. BoxerDog25

BoxerDog25

Dec 31, 2006
    thanks for the help.....got a rocky mountain sling.....love it...thanks

12. aippi

aippi

Jun 12, 2009
    Another atta boy for Marshall at Rocky Mountain.

13. Bullman

Bullman Deranged Deputy

Oct 11, 2003
    SW Virginia
    I have a Summit, and I love it, you can use it as a single point or a 2 point quick adjust sling. I am looking to get some more of them for all my guns, Marshall is great to deal with too, great guy.