close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

870 base models

Discussion in 'Tactical Shotguns' started by skippz, Jan 11, 2011.

1. skippz

skippz

May 29, 2006
    East Kentucky
    I gotta new BASIC 870 for christmas w/ the cylinder bore, no choke, and only a bead front... my Question is will I have to buy a new barrel in order to attatch rifle sights and different types of chokes, etc.

2. uzimon

uzimon team ftp

Jul 11, 2007
    Tomball,tx
    you could chop it and have a smith install a choke and different sight.

3. It would probably be easiest to just swap barrels, but there is nothing wrong with a plain old bead sight and cylinder bore for home/self defense.

4. uzimon

uzimon team ftp

Jul 11, 2007
    Tomball,tx
    with the cost of another bbl usually over $100 it might be a better idea to get a 2nd used 870, around $200. then have 1 dedicated hunting and 1 dedicated hd gun:cool:

5. aippi

aippi

Jun 12, 2009
    There are no rifle sight Rem Choke 18.5" barrels so if you want both you have to go to a 20" barrel and that is $200 for one. there are 18.5" rifle sight barrels in Cyl bore, I/C and Modified and run from $136 to $168. There is an 18.5" Rem Choke barrel with bead sight that is also $148. Just not both Rem Choke and rifle sights in the 18.5" lenght.

6. bstock

bstock

Jan 30, 2008
    Colorado
    i just recieved this barrel yesterday from midway. its a really nice barrel, havent put any rounds through it yet. it has rifle sights with night sights. i also installed a remington +2 mag extension and a tacstar 6rd side saddle.

7. skippz

skippz

May 29, 2006
    East Kentucky
    Well I was actually lookin' for a barrel I could put some ghost ring sights on, or even a rail to attatch a red dot... and a barrel that could fire buckshot & slugs would be a plus.

8. DPris

DPris

Mar 3, 2006
    Utah
    Wilson's Scattergun Tech can install ghost ring rear & a new front sight on your beaded gun. They've done it for years.
    The ghost ring rear actually mounts on the receiver, though, not the barrel.
    Denis