close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

810 contego

Discussion in 'The Cutting Edge' started by NWhaole, Apr 5, 2013.

1. NWhaole

NWhaole

Jan 12, 2013
    A local retailer is offering the Benchmade 810 Contengo for alot less than $180. Black coat w/ a serated blade. Any likes or dislikes with this model (they do not have a plain edge)

2. triggerjerk

triggerjerk

Dec 19, 2000
    I don't own one but have fondled one alot.
    I would get it if you can get a deal on it. Love the feel in the hand and the axis lock.
    The steel is high quality and stays sharp a long time.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sevAMUzPh8"]Bechmade Contego CPM-M4: Rope Cutting/Edge Retention Test - YouTube[/ame]

I would like an auto with that cpm m4.

3. nosuchagency

nosuchagency ...

Feb 3, 2006
  4. NeverMore1701

NeverMore1701 Fear no Evil Platinum Member

Jun 25, 2004
    Amarillo, Tx
    I second Knifeworks, they're my go-to for Benchmades, they're darn near unbeatable with the coupon codes they always have.

As for the knife itself, it's my favorite Benchmade, it's big, tough, and takes and holds a great edge. Only thing that needs fixing is the stupid deep carry pocket clip, I have no idea how that horrible trend started. Fortunately a regular Benchmade clip fits fine, you just use the outer two holes (unless you drill a third hole in the middle, which I did).

5. NWhaole

NWhaole

Jan 12, 2013
    Thank you guys that is a great deal and online retailer! I've never owned a folding serrated edge blade and decided to pull the trigger here locally. bm's hq is about 20 miles from me I went there and held every black series they made. 810 won me over. Again thanks for the imput!

6. Travclem

Travclem Badass Member Lifetime Member

Aug 4, 2008
    Lubbock, TX
    My favorite Benchmade by far. I carry mine a lot. I'm sure I have written a review on here if you search for it.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 15, 2013