close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

741 tax returns worth over $1million in refunds filed from the same address

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Altaris, Aug 7, 2012.

1. aircarver

aircarver Descent Terminated Silver Member

Y'think it may be fraud ? ... :shocked:

2. Atlas

Atlas transmogrifier

"Your tax dollars at work.."

3. Patchman

Patchman Florist

Where's the address, some internet cafe in Nigeria? :)

4. vikingsoftpaw

vikingsoftpaw DEPLORABLE ME!

Yea, if they can data mine for political affiliations by examining your record of purchases, you can sure as hell do the same to eliminate various kinds of gov't fraud.

They have no will to stop Medicare/Medicaid fraud as well as illegal aliens with 30+ child tax exemptions.....

Priorities.....

5. .264 magnum

.264 magnum CLM

6. janice6

janice6 Silver Member

They are going to make new laws to eliminate this "Fraud".

It's FRAUD..why do you need new laws, just use the ones that define this as FRAUD.

(Unless of course, it involves illegals, then "never mind")

7. The Fist Of Goodness

The Fist Of Goodness

The problem cannot be fixed by new laws to prosecute offenders (which takes years to work through our judicial system), though they should be pursued vigorously. The problem is that the bureaucrats at the highest levels of IRS and Treasury don't have the stones to implement the relatively simple measures to stop this (741 refunds, totaling over $1 million, sent to one address? how hard would it be for a programmer to write code to flag this?)

I believe that the real problem is Congress looks at the fraud as a backdoor stimulus. They apply pressure to Treasury and IRS to ignore the fraud, because ultimately the money is going to poor communities (its for the children).

8. glock_19guy1983

glock_19guy1983

741 returns from one address could be legit. I swear some of the mexican households around here house 8-900 people during planting and harvesting season. Wait they dont pay taxes so never mind.

9. JohnBT

JohnBT NRA Benefactor

"Nationally, thieves are suspected of using the identities of 2,274 children, 105,000 dead people and almost 1 million people who don't normally file returns "

And some people insist that requiring a voter to show an ID is a bad idea.

10. johnd

johnd

The IRS is a toothless dog when it comes to enforcement. Something has to be as obvious as a boil on a nose for them to notice somethings not kosher.
    They are 99.999999% only interested in grabbing money from innocent mistakes.
    I have a friend who is an IRS "person" and he says the #1 thing is sending out statuory extension requests "requesting" an extension to your expiry rights....he says 95% of them go unanswered so they can then send a notification of deficiency and then a bill...now the monkey is on the taxpayers back to prove the number they pulled out of their butts is actually owed...once they are on that path they can then seize the taxpayers assets with a court order and never leave their airconditioning and free coffee.

What everyone needs to do is to request their own files under the FIOA...I did it and got back 1100 + pages including some clear violations of my constitutional rights.

11. BigMoneyGrip

BigMoneyGrip

If they make laws against the fraud so it's illegal, people will stop doing it immediately! Then we could rest easy at night.

12. CitizenOfDreams

CitizenOfDreams

That doesn't stop them from receiving tax returns.

13. Ian Moone

Ian Moone

Ya know ...in the private sector we have edit checks built into our systems where all kinds of red flag raise and alarm bells go off when you have multiple payment with different names going to the same address. The computer does all the work ...detects suspicious event, holds payments and creates an exception list for some human to do a little detective work.

The IRS knows fraud happens but no one has the brains cells to be proactive. They are too busy chasing rich people who pay their taxes.

14. cowboy1964

cowboy1964

And the IRS is who we're going to entrust health care enforcement to. Yeah, right.

15. CitizenOfDreams

CitizenOfDreams

The private sector handles their own money, so they care.
    The IRS handles someone else's money, so they don't.

16. cowboywannabe

cowboywannabe you savvy?

the IRS only rapes the real tax payers because they are easy targets. going after real fraud and the like would make them actually work, even though it would bring in more money....kinda like welfare mooches.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2012
  17. JohnBT

JohnBT NRA Benefactor

"I have a friend who is an IRS "person" and he says the #1 thing is sending out statuory extension requests "requesting" an extension to your expiry rights....he says 95% of them go unanswered "

I have to wonder about this "person" and their level of knowledge.

www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f4868.pdf

"You can get an automatic extension of time to file your tax return by filing Form 4868 electronically. You will receive an electronic acknowledgment
    once you complete the transaction. Keep it with your records."

18. ERASER

ERASER Nyuk,Nyuk,Nyuk!

I was thinking that I'd open this thread and find out that the address was 1600 Pennsylvania Ave., Washington, D.C.

:rofl:

19. railfancwb

railfancwb

Two different things. The one you reference is an automatic extension of the return filing deadline. The original poster was referring to an IRS (not taxpayer) request to give the IRS time beyond the end of the legal IRS review period do they can have more time to look for problems with your return. Unless the IRS wishes to ascert criminal problems with your return they are limited to a three year window for review.