close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

7 Rounds @ 7 Yards.

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by TN.Frank, Mar 13, 2012.

1. TN.Frank

TN.Frank Glock4Life

Oct 11, 2004
    Avondale, AZ.
    Nice day here, took the ATI 1911a1 "Commander" out back and ran 7 rounds through it. Worked like a champ, sights are dead on, couldn't be happier. Still need to find 3 cases that I've "lost", won't give up until I do, dang OCD,LOL. Fliers were totally my fault, not use to such a nice single action trigger.
    Anyway, if anyone's looking for a well built 1911a1 that won't break the bank ATI is making some pretty good ones IMHO.
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2012
  2. Nice:wow:, seems you're wasting the rest of the target though.

3. TN.Frank

TN.Frank Glock4Life

Oct 11, 2004
    Avondale, AZ.
    I can always eat more pizza and get more targets.LOL.
    Top of a pizza box, put a plastic cup in the center, spray paint around it, remove cup, let "target" dry and go have fun. Pretty much a free target. :supergrin:
    I've not shot a 1911a1 in years(not shot much in general to tell ya' the truth) guess it IS a lot like riding a bike. Good ol' muscle memory is still there after all these years.

4. I could go for that gun :)

What's the typical high price for those?

5. TN.Frank

TN.Frank Glock4Life

Oct 11, 2004
    Avondale, AZ.
    You can normally find them new for $475-$500 if you shop around. Tombstone Tactical has the RIA in stock and if you pay "cash"(i.e. Money Order, Certified Funds) and not use a credit/debit card you can get into one(depending on what your dealer charges, mine is $32 bucks) for around $460 out the door. Of course they'll add 3% for CC/DC use but still, you should be able to find one for under $500. I think the ATI and RIA's are some of the best deals in 1911a1's right now. If you get a basic gun you can always trick it out with the parts you like and still be way under what a bone stock S.A. or other "higher quality" gun would run ya'.
    Seems to shoot as well as any 1911a1 that I've ever owned or any semi-auto for that matter. I'm happy with it, it's a keeper IMHO.

6. Rumbler_G20

Rumbler_G20

Dec 5, 2011
    N. Florida
    7-yards? You do realize that if that pizza box had a knife you probably wouldn't have stood a chance . . . right? :rofl:

I'm teasing. Serious, but teasing.

Nice group either way. :wavey:

7. TN.Frank

TN.Frank Glock4Life

Oct 11, 2004
    Avondale, AZ.
    LOL, yep, forget the exact stats but a person can cover 21 feet in no time at all. Of course if I would have started shooting at 7 yards I think with that group of 5 I'd have pretty much totally destroyed the heart OR with a group like that I could have put 5 right between the eye Zombie Style and dropped em' before he got to me. Either way I'm really lovin' this 45. Glad I had the dream that got me to thinking about getting one and glad I lucked out and found this one. Also, as a side note, recoil isn't bad at all, no where close to the PX4 Storm, 40cal that I had. Guess the weight of the gun has a bit to play in that but also that big ol' slow 45 keeps recoil from not being very snappy.

8. Rumbler_G20

Rumbler_G20

Dec 5, 2011
    N. Florida
    I don't want to hijack but this is worth pointing out:
    Tueller Drill

run it sometime. It'll make you break out in goosebumps and the hair stand up on the back of your neck.

. . .and then hopefully find a competent professional trainer that will teach you the technique for beating the drill. :wavey:

Last edited: Mar 13, 2012
  9. TN.Frank

TN.Frank Glock4Life

Oct 11, 2004
    Avondale, AZ.
    Never did that drill but I did try what IIRC was called the "El Presidente" one time when we were setting up for an IPSC match. Man that was fun.:supergrin:

10. I think the technical formula to determine the time is age divided by height x the number of pizza boxes :rofl:

11. SigFTW

SigFTW

Nov 4, 2010
    TX
    The ATI is a all around good gun. Price and quality! :thumbsup:

12. GlockFish

GlockFish Floyd

Feb 22, 2002
  13. Nestor

Nestor Lean & Mean

Jul 13, 2003
    Canada
    Nice group. Good to see You happy with your gun.

14. byf43

byf43 NRA Life Member

Apr 13, 2006
    Southern Maryland

I echo what Nestor said.

Did you keep your revolver!?!?!?!?!?

15. TN.Frank

TN.Frank Glock4Life

Oct 11, 2004
    Avondale, AZ.
    Yep, the 642-2 is my EDC/CCW gun and the 1911a1 is my HD/Plinking gun. It's nice to finally have two guns so I can have what I want when I want. :supergrin:

P.S.
    I have to send out a big "Thank you Babe" to my wife for helping me get this. We had to redo a small loan that we'd almost paid off so we could get new tires on her mini-van and she was kind enough to get a few extra bucks so I could pick this up. Sometimes she gets on my last nerve(and I'm sure I get on her's too) but deep down I really love that woman.

16. ratf51

ratf51

Aug 6, 2010
    NW GA
    Way to go! Good shooting! Glad the pistol works so well. Shoot long and prosper!

17. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

Oct 23, 2000
    California & New Mexico, US
    TN.Frank,

Your ATI Commander has the optional Novak-knockoff sights. Mine has the standard sights.

These shot groups were made on a day with nasty crosswind.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. TN.Frank

TN.Frank Glock4Life

Oct 11, 2004
    Avondale, AZ.
    Looks just like the one I have except for grips and sights. ATI does make a pretty decent 1911a1, not just for the money but for any kind of money.