close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

686 speed loader pouches

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by Diesel McBadass, Jan 13, 2013.

1. Diesel McBadass

Diesel McBadass Tactically Epic

Apr 15, 2011
    Dover NH
    want to find a way to carry speed loaders, and maybe a comparison of different loaders, all i have is hks and haven't tried others. suggestions on a setup? got a blade tech holster but no ammo carriers

2. texmex

texmex

Nov 29, 2004
    Central Texas
    I carry my speedloaders in mace cases. The shortest mace cases Uncle Mike makes. Each case holds two speedloaders one on top the the other. The same mace cases will hold three loaded 45 Moonclips.

3. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

Oct 23, 2000
    California & New Mexico, US
    Uncle Mike used to make the generic cordura double speedloader cases. HKS also makes the rubberized speedloader cases too.

HKS works just fine for me. I believe that I have a couple of the spring loaded ones for my Colt D-frame but I can't remember who the manufacturer was, I don't think it was Safariland.

4. MrMurphy

MrMurphy ********* Moderator Moderator Millennium Member Lifetime Member

Jan 16, 2001
    Buried in the X-files
    Safarilands work well if you train with them. They have a springloaded rod and you literally just jam the rounds into the cylinder, the base has the rod hit the ejector star and releases the rounds. VERY fast.

I used HKS's myself, but i've tried the Safarilands enough to know they're good.

I think Blade-tech makes Kydex speedloader carriers. Comp-Tac may as well.

5. Arc Angel

Arc Angel Deus Vult!

Sep 20, 2003
    Penn's Woods
    What are we talking about: Speedloaders, themselves, or speedloader pouches?

Safariland, 'Comp II' are the best speedloaders. (I own dozens of them.) Matt Del Fatti makes the best, 'Split-The-Belt' speedloader pouches on Planet Earth.

[​IMG]

I only use HKS, 'twist-type' speedloaders for my Ruger SP-101. Why? Because Safariland doesn't offer a speedloader model for the small Rugers.

6. Person

Person

Jun 27, 2001
    Houston, TX
    My favorite is the Slimloader pouch from Andrew's Gunleather. I have been using one for years and it works great. A bit pricy but nice.

http://www.andrewsleather.com/traditional.htm

It is listed in the Magazines section.

7. Goldstar225

Goldstar225 NRA member

May 24, 2005
    Central Arkansas
    A split-six pouch like Arc Angel shows works very well. Aside from being compact, a benefit of this design is that when accessing the speedloader you are grabbing the body of the loader, not the top. With the Safariland comp II (which I also prefer) no further manipulation is neccessary to position the loader to insert into the cylinder.