close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

686 holster

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by Diesel McBadass, Apr 27, 2012.

1. Diesel McBadass

Diesel McBadass Tactically Epic

Apr 15, 2011
    Dover NH
    Need one for the 686. being a revolver i think leathers in order to keep it classy. any suggestions, id like to carry it at range and in woods hunting.

2. NeverMore1701

NeverMore1701 Fear no Evil Platinum Member

Jun 25, 2004
    Amarillo, Tx
    Pretty sure Seth's Gunleather could set you up with a 686.

3. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

Oct 23, 2000
    California & New Mexico, US
    If you're going to pack the gun in the boondocks, then get a holster with some sort of mechanical retention (hammer thong or thumb break). Yes, I know that GIs and commandos have outdoors tactical holsters with but a trigger guard retention or some sort of fitted retention, but then they don't have to worry about losing their OWN guns either. It's been my experience that if things could get snagged and pulled out and fall off then they will.

4. NEOH212

NEOH212 Diesel Girl

Mar 25, 2008
    North East Ohio
    My personal favorite and the one I carry my 686's in when I carry them.

http://www.usgalco.com/HolsterPG3.asp?ProductID=411&GunID=92

5. Wise advice.

I carry a 4" 686 in a Bianchi hip holster with thumb break. I have had this combo for right at 10 years. Works great when walking the farm

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk 2

6. countrygun

countrygun

Mar 9, 2012
    The Bianchi 5BH is my favorite. I have several for revolvers and autos for "woods loafing" as we call it. I also have some of the Galcos as mentioned by NEOH212, which conceal quite a bit better.

7. Jason D

Jason D INFRINGED Silver Member Millennium Member

Jun 16, 1999
    Mivonks, MI
    The Bianchi 5BHL is my favorite for revolver carry, seconded by the Bianchi Cyclone.
    I am more than a little angry to see Bianchi leather coming in from Mexico. I have several Bianchi X2100 shoulder holsters that are really great.

The Mexican 15X I got a couple year back is nothing but thin junk. Hell, it doesn't even fit a third of the guns listed on the box.