Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Reason #1
  • Reason #2
  • Reason #3

Site Description

686 cs1 history ?

Discussion in 'Smith & Wesson Club' started by Rick50, Feb 11, 2010.

1. Rick50

Rick50 average guy

Jan 16, 2010
    I have 686 cs1 in 3". I read today on another forum that Janet Reno detroyed 1500 of them during her term. Ive never seen one around my home area in gun shops or at gun show. I have seen them on gunbroker rarely.
    I'm looking for a little more history and wondering if anyone could point me in a better direction. There is little info on the web. I would appreciate any help.
    History can be interesting
  2. They were sold around the mid 90s for around $280 to $300. They are sought after as collectibles but I sold mine since I did not like the floating hand in it and got a better shooter for the money.

3. yep, they were made in the early 90's for US Customs agents and actually came in 3" and 4" but all were round butt and matte stainless finish. I have only seen 3" versions and they are an incredible package. The 3" is a very happy medium for those wanting a compact gun with extra heft compared to the Model 19, and a little more concealable due to the round butt and short bbl. Nice find, they will bring a little more dough than a standard 2.5" or 4" 357 "L" frame.