close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

62gr .556 vs 62gr 223 Point of Impact

Discussion in 'Black Rifle Forum' started by Patriot III, Mar 1, 2012.

1. If I have my rifle sighted in at 100 yards with 62 grain .556 ammunition, what point of impact should I expect with 62 grain 223 ammunition?

I've been trying to research (my eyes are bleeding) but I can't find any comparisons.

:faint:

Does anyone have experience specific to this "problem"?

Last edited: Mar 1, 2012
  2. Gunnut 45/454

Gunnut 45/454

Jun 20, 2002
    Probably about 1-2" lower with .223 at 100 yards. The right or left who knows you'll have to shoot both to find out!:wavey: Are they the same bullet?

Last edited: Mar 1, 2012

3. Novocaine

Novocaine

Jun 10, 2004
    I can get 6" vertical shift just by going with the different brand of ammo, same bullet weight.

4. WoodenPlank

WoodenPlank Who?

May 15, 2010
    NW Florida
    Everything Gunnut and Novo said, plus the fact that M855 is known to have velocity and accuracy inconsistencies between different lots. Personally, I don't zero with green tip, nor do I keep it in most of my primary magazines - those get loaded with 75gr and 77gr loads, then M193 (if needed) THEN green tip. The M855 is solely reserved for when I need something with better penetration against intermediate barriers - and only then until I can afford to replace my green tip stock with something better for that role.