close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

600 Yard's .30-06

Discussion in 'GATE Long-Range Shooting' started by mdhandyman, May 14, 2010.

1. mdhandyman

mdhandyman

Jan 11, 2009
    Palm Bay FL.
    Just picked up this one the other day.:cool: Take a look.
    Going out on Sunday to see if it's as good as I was told. So what do you guy's think can I take her out to 600 yard's. Going to shot some old Western Super X 180 GR. Silvertip's

Winchester 670 .30-06

Holland's Muzzle Brake

Leupold 3.5x10 50mm Golden Ring Scope

Roch Mount Bi-pod 9"-13"

Limbsaver Slip On Recoil Pad

Uncle Mike's sling

Ok the reason it has both a brake and a pad is because I am a wuss I got wiplash along time ago and the recoil from my 7mm mag. brings it back every time. So this thing should shot like a .22 well maybe not that soft but I can hope. :wavey:Thx for looking any input would be greatly appreciated.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Zak Smith

Zak Smith 3Gunner Millennium Member

Aug 25, 1999
    Fort Collins, CO, USA
    I have written elsewhere that most hunting rifles are capable of long-range shooting; however, the limiting factor is often how adjustable and/or repeatable the scope is. Your scope does not have target/tactical-style knobs, so making the elevation adjustments needed will be less convenient than if you had them.

Depending on your particular rifle, you that load should require approx 13-14.5 MOA additional elevation to get to 600 yards from a 100-yard zero.

3. mdhandyman

mdhandyman

Jan 11, 2009
    Palm Bay FL.
    Thx Zak, I got it good to go at 100yd's 3/4 inch 3 shot group.
    But it did'nt do so good at 200 about 2 1/2 inch three shot groups so I did'nt try any further than that, after all it is a hunting rifle.