close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

$600 DPMS Sportical coming my way

Discussion in 'Black Rifle Forum' started by mingaa, Feb 24, 2012.

1. mingaa

mingaa

Dec 3, 2011
    St. Louis, MO
    1 x DPMS Panther Sportical .223 6 Pos. Stock
    Shipping to Missouri:
    1 Gun (Insured - (full refund/replace for items lost/damaged in shipping)):$6.00Total: $606.00

Your order has been updated to the following status.
    New status: Shipping

[​IMG]

Saw it for $600 and jumped. Next day it was VIP offer only. Yesterday it was gone from the sight. Buds had 15 of them - boom, gone. Happy to have one! :cool:

2. cyphertext

cyphertext

Jan 6, 2004
    Dallas
    Wow, those are true slick sides...no shell deflector. I like the look. Let us know how it runs.

3. mingaa

mingaa

Dec 3, 2011
    St. Louis, MO
    Yeah - my first AR. (may be in the market for a sling soon =0)) I want a 3 gun rifle and don't think my AK is the right fit - good for SHTF so the AR will probably stay a range gun - curious what bullet the 9 twist will actually shoot well. Watched base prices rise and supplies stay tight for quite a while. I considered saving for a Colt or a 308 but wanted to get in the game and like what I hear / read about S&W (try and get one at a fair price!) and DPMS. I'll start simple with sights - I can switch a few red dots around and have a decent one with a screw in 2x. A 1" riser, see through rail may give me the option of iron sights and the 2X red dot - it works on paper - let's see how well I've thought that through. Should be shooting in a few days!

Last edited: Feb 24, 2012
  4. G30Mike

G30Mike Say When!

Nov 19, 2008
    St. Joseph MO
    I liked my Sportical for the first 650-700 rounds...my buddy wasnt lucky enough to make it past 200 rounds before his was doing the same exact thing as mine. Failing to extract which led to double feeds about every 7-10 rounds. DPOS is garbage. Head on over to M4Carbine forums and see their reputation for yourself.

I wish I would have done my research before I bought that thing. I ended up trading it back to my LGS at a loss, for a Colt 6720 that I should have just spent the money on in the first place. Hope you have better luck with yours than my buddy and I did......

5. mingaa

mingaa

Dec 3, 2011
    St. Louis, MO
    Thanks for relating your personal experience. I'll have 500 rounds through it in a heartbeat and if there is a problem I will address it through warranty or returns. Buds is supportive and DPMS personnel answered my questions to my satisfaction. I am not buying blind but if I end up with crap I'll be sure to post my experiences as well. There are a lot of people looking to shoot Ars on a basic, non combat level. I hope to contribute to that knowledge base. :cool:

6. 45 Cal

45 Cal

Dec 15, 2011
    I've got a DPMS as well and love it. The problem with forums, is that you don't hear enough about the good experiences and hear an over emphasized version of the bad. Every manufacturer will have problematic products...even Colt. My DPMS has run flawlessly.

7. mingaa

mingaa

Dec 3, 2011
    St. Louis, MO
    308 WOULD be mine but I decided to give this a try for the price. Tell me more.:cool:

8. mingaa

mingaa

Dec 3, 2011
    St. Louis, MO
    Yes - I don't drop $600 on a whim. I did a lot of homework and most indications, for my intended use, this can be a very good (and reliable) match. There is plenty of discussion and opinions. I god to some good hard info and am protected by a reasonable (not as good as S&W) warranty.:whistling:

9. itstime

itstime

Apr 9, 2006
    USA
  10. jem375

jem375 NRA Life Member

Jun 18, 2003
    Minnesota
    Very nice, I just picked up a Nato Oracle myself, and put an EO Tech on it and it is very accurate..

11. svtpwnz

svtpwnz

Nov 19, 2010
    SC
    I had a DPMS Panther Sporticle and didn't have any problems with it. I put about 500 rounds through it, sold it and bought a Daniel Defense.

12. h2oman1975

h2oman1975

Feb 2, 2012
    congrats on it. im going to pick up a dpms tomorrow from my lgs. they called and got some in friday and held me one. great price for what i want it for.

13. Frog1

Frog1

Aug 28, 2009
    So if it stops extracting, replace the extractor spring with a BCM kit. That's a big $5.00 expense to fix a $600.00 gun that will shoot MOA at 100 yds. Don't let all the bull-???? get in your way. I know a guy that has used one of these in 3 gun for 5 years. It has performed wonderfully.

14. h2oman1975

h2oman1975

Feb 2, 2012
    picked up my oracle yestaerday and it seems to be a nice gun. like i said its a great price for a gun me and my sone is going to just play with. going to put some sights on it and enjoy it.

15. 9x94

9x94

Jul 24, 2011
    No sights at all? By the time you buy some sights you would have been better off with a decent rifle.
    I'm not one of these guys that thinks everyone needs a $2,500 carbine, but geez that thing doesn't look so good.

16. h2oman1975

h2oman1975

Feb 2, 2012
    how do you see that iron site about 100 bucks and i have a total 590 in it. so what decent rifle could i get for that price.

17. WoodenPlank

WoodenPlank Who?

May 15, 2010
    NW Florida
    Could get a PSA for about $600, last I looked, with a standard A-frame front and MBUS rear. PSA may not be as good as Colt or BCM (that's up for debate), but it's going to be better overall quality than a DPMS, and with proper sights to boot.