Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Reason #1
  • Reason #2
  • Reason #3

Site Description

60 and 100 Rd AR Magazines

Discussion in 'Black Rifle Forum' started by Conan1, Dec 5, 2011.

1. Anyone noticed these being on the market lately?

What do you think the outcry is going to be on these from the anti's?

Last edited: Dec 5, 2011
  2. Reswob

Mar 8, 2009
    From the reviews I've read on these mags, reliability is unacceptable.

3. mvician

mvician Lifetime Member

Jun 8, 2007
    NW Indiana
    you've been under a rock, they've been out for a while :supergrin:
  4. Disregarded9-side

Disregarded9-side Armchair IPSCer

Oct 18, 2008
    North Carolina
    Wow, SF spends so much on marketing.

I first heard about their 60-rounder this summer I believe, think it had just entered the market. I know the SureFire 3-Gun/shooting sports team was using them without failure for around a year as part of R&D...they seem much more GTG in comparison to other high-cap options, which never seemed to be 100%.

As a civilian I have no interest in high-cap mags, but I can certainly see the benefit to our boys in the sandbox--especially if they were to carry the M4s with a standard mag and have these strapped to them for reloading purposes (seems heavy/awkward to lug around all day). I'm not an Anti, but I fail to see the need to do $50 mag dumps of XM193 for's just hard for me to see these and not think North Hollywood Shootout. At the same time, I don't judge people for enjoying firearms in whatever safe manner they choose to do so--we all have our personal preferences.
  5. BuckyP

BuckyP Lifetime Member

Feb 1, 2005
    I've yet to read any reviews, though to be honest I haven't been looking. When I first heard of them, I thought they might be a nice option for three gun.
  6. michael e

michael e

Nov 20, 2010
    Reviews I have read seemed good, I am way to cheap to pay what they want. I can get several 30s for the price of one 60. I don't own FA and don't even shoot my AR a full 30 mag at once.
  7. Durn, Shows I just don't get out much.......Hmmmmm:faint::embarassed::whistling:
  8. Jayock

Dec 8, 2004
    Boulder, Colorado
    I've seen them, but always thought they were way too pricey. $130 for a single 60-round... I can get 8, 30-round P-Mags for that price...
  9. bmoore

Jan 15, 2006
    Under a regime.
    These will be the new must have items for any AR owner. An optic, a light, some sort of AVFG or VFG and a 100 round mag. If not your an untrained idiot.
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2011
  10. MrMurphy

MrMurphy ********* Moderator Moderator Millennium Member Lifetime Member

Jan 16, 2001
    Buried in the X-files
    I disagree.

They have shown to be considerably more reliable than a Beta mag (which have gotten people killed), but they are another tool in the toolbox.

I wouldn't want an entire load of these simply because one mag goes down, you lose twice your ammo. But in certain roles (automatic rifleman, trunk monkey, immediate-action response, etc) they could be highly useful. Aerial helo door gunner with a rifle perhaps.
  11. Nine Shooter

Nine Shooter Average Guy

Apr 25, 2008
    Hangs down wayyy too far below the weapon. No thanks, I'll stick to 30's.
  12. lloydchristmas

lloydchristmas 132 and Bush

May 22, 2010
    Not reliable enough, according to the reviews.
  13. Disregarded9-side

Disregarded9-side Armchair IPSCer

Oct 18, 2008
    North Carolina
    The design is interesting; from what I remember it's like a triple or quadruple-stack, correct?
  14. i'm hoping to get one of those(60) and a Beta C drum next year.
  15. Hedo1

Oct 1, 2007
    SE Pennsylvania
    I'm waiting until Magpul comes out with an improved cheaper polymer version.
  16. Facejackets

Nov 29, 2008
    Las Vegas
    My store has a stack of them. They aren't flying off the shelves, but they do sell. So far I haven't had any come back either
  17. B.Reid

Jun 20, 2005
    I bought one of the 60 rounders a few months back. It has run 100% so far, I have only used it twice so take that for what it's worth. I got it for 3 gun, it will be a must have for anyone shooting 3 gun.
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2011
  18. WoodenPlank

WoodenPlank Who?

May 15, 2010
    NW Florida
    They are working on it, last I heard. They did file some patents a while back.

I hear internet rumors that the mags suck, but everyone "in the know" I have talked to that has used them has had good things to say.

I'm pretty sure Surefire designed these mainly for the IAR contract, as the USMC is looking for high-capacity, non-drum magazines to feed it. Same goes for Magpul, but they will have to use a design closer to the EMAG to make it work in the IAR.
  19. B.Reid

Jun 20, 2005
    I need to test it more. One thing I found is it will not work with Wolf ammo. It just kinda jammed up the follower. But with brass cases it has worked great.
  20. WoodenPlank

WoodenPlank Who?

May 15, 2010
    NW Florida
    I wonder if it has to do with the coatings on the wolf ammo causing more friction between the cases as they transition to the quad stack section, or if they cause more friction against the follower.