close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

6.8 spc

Discussion in 'Hunting, Fishing & Camping' started by emitch, Jan 28, 2009.

1. emitch

emitch

Jan 23, 2009
    Northern Arizona
    Has anyone hunted with this round for big game?

2. What do you consider big game? I don't see a 6.8spc as a BIG game in my book ( i.e bison, moose, buffalo, elephant,giraffe )

if you search the numerous other sites forums, ( AR15 ) you will see the 6.8spc has been used on deer to elk size and hogs.

3. I'm still trying to decide on a larger caliber upper for my next AR15 build.

Leaning towards either a 6.5 Grendel or a 6.8 SPC. I like the Grendel better ballistically, but they are more expensive to purchase.

Every time I think I have my mind made up, I read about a .450 Bushmaster or a .458 Socom and scrap my old plans.

4. emitch

emitch

Jan 23, 2009
    Northern Arizona
    If I remember correctly, the 6.5 Grendel looks good on paper, but hasn't been performing as well as it should.

5. crash700

crash700

Jan 19, 2004
    Texas
    I have seen some photos of deer and elk on the 6.8 forums. I would possibly use it on deer, which are not hard to kill and should work good on hogs. If you are going to hunt "big game", I think that it is only reasonable to get an appropriate round for the size of the animal. I would not use anything that would not humanely dispatch the animal, I just don't think that the 6.8 is it.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2009