Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Reason #1
  • Reason #2
  • Reason #3

Site Description

6.8 spc

Discussion in 'Hunting, Fishing & Camping' started by emitch, Jan 28, 2009.

1. emitch

Jan 23, 2009
    Northern Arizona
    Has anyone hunted with this round for big game?
  2. What do you consider big game? I don't see a 6.8spc as a BIG game in my book ( i.e bison, moose, buffalo, elephant,giraffe )

if you search the numerous other sites forums, ( AR15 ) you will see the 6.8spc has been used on deer to elk size and hogs.

3. I'm still trying to decide on a larger caliber upper for my next AR15 build.

Leaning towards either a 6.5 Grendel or a 6.8 SPC. I like the Grendel better ballistically, but they are more expensive to purchase.

Every time I think I have my mind made up, I read about a .450 Bushmaster or a .458 Socom and scrap my old plans.
  4. emitch

Jan 23, 2009
    Northern Arizona
    If I remember correctly, the 6.5 Grendel looks good on paper, but hasn't been performing as well as it should.
  5. crash700

Jan 19, 2004
    I have seen some photos of deer and elk on the 6.8 forums. I would possibly use it on deer, which are not hard to kill and should work good on hogs. If you are going to hunt "big game", I think that it is only reasonable to get an appropriate round for the size of the animal. I would not use anything that would not humanely dispatch the animal, I just don't think that the 6.8 is it.
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2009