close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

6.8 spc

Discussion in 'GATE AR-15 Forum' started by cgarrett, Jul 20, 2010.

1. cgarrett

cgarrett
    Expand Collapse

My question on this rifle, will be simple to answer i just dont know the answer. Is the upper for a 6.8mm SPC fit on a standard ar-15 lower or An Ar-10 lower. I may get one for hunting deer.

Chris

2. Constructor

Constructor
    Expand Collapse

If you purchase a complete 6.8 upper assembly, you can just pin it on your AR15 lower.

3. cgarrett

cgarrett
    Expand Collapse

Thanks, next question, can you use standard AR mags

#3 cgarrett, Jul 21, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 21, 2010
  4. Constructor

Constructor
    Expand Collapse

No, you will need to use 6.8 specific mags, Barretts seem to feed the best but they are expensive $45+ and if you reload the max OAL is apx. 2.26", PRI mags aren't quite as expensive as the Barretts and allow a max OAL of 2.3" which can help a great deal when reloading for accuracy and high velocity.
    The CP mags can be hit or miss on feeding and allow 2.28 OAL, they are inexpensive at $14

5. cgarrett

cgarrett
    Expand Collapse

Thanks again,

That is great information. I may get one for deer season, I think it would be a great brush country rifle. If I have enough money left over from my trip to wyoming next week on a praire dog trip. I will be shooting a double star AR with a 24" Ported and flutted bull barrell. this thing is very accurate. I have up dated it for this trip with better scope mount, a jewell trigger and a harris bipod. I hope to increase my ablity at the distance shots. Two years ago, my longest shot was 359 yds, I am going to bet that distance with my up grades to my rifle this time. I will give you a report when I get back.

Thanks again

Chris