close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

550B demo

Discussion in 'Reloading' started by nostradumass, Aug 23, 2010.

1. nostradumass

nostradumass Toten a 36

Feb 2, 2010
    Too Near Charlotte NC
    Thanks to Ron59 for a 550B demo on Sat. I had a great time. Can hardly wait until Christmas to get mine. Coffee, Red Bull,Demo, and shooting 200rds at the range ...what a Sat. it was. Thanks Ron59 for a Great Time! :cool:

2. ron59

ron59 Bustin Caps

Jan 3, 2009
    Smyrna, GA
    My pleasure, Reggie.

Like I mentioned before... you have any troubles/questions with setting yours up, let me know, be glad to help out. Hopefully I'll see you 9/4 for Steel Challenge in Edgemoore.

Okay, the rest of you reloaders... that's the SECOND guy I've had over this month! Bob (Hd_Renegage) was over 3 weeks ago for a visit with the 550.

Are *you* trying to help out newbies enter the hobby? :supergrin:

3. Hogpauls

Hogpauls

Nov 6, 2009
    Idaho
    Gosh if I ever decide to get a Dillon you wanna come over? It might be a bit of a drive.

4. ron59

ron59 Bustin Caps

Jan 3, 2009
    Smyrna, GA
    Dillon, LoadMaster, whatever you got.... :whistling:

5. IndyGunFreak

IndyGunFreak

Jan 26, 2001
    Indiana
    I've introduced a few folks to reloading.... not recently, but I don't really hang out w/ that many shooters.

6. shotgunred

shotgunred local trouble maker

Mar 1, 2008
    Washington (the state)
    I am going through the panhandle in a few weeks. Or do you live in the bad part of Idaho?

7. PCJim

PCJim Senior Member

Aug 4, 2008
    FL
    Well, not to rain on the parade but Ron, you can count me in....

I introduced two newbies to reloading within the last six weeks. Both times, I gave them an introductory lesson on reloading (including showing them where starting load data can be found) as well as a brief overview of how the process works on the 550b. I let them both reload their own ammo on my 550b, obviously under my watchful eye.

8. ron59

ron59 Bustin Caps

Jan 3, 2009
    Smyrna, GA
    Good stuff.
    I point newbies to this series of videos:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRZrbv_8kx4&feature=related
    While the title says "Dillon 550B", there's a LOT of good info to be had. He shows looking up data in one of the loading manuals, how to use a beam scale, etc. So even if the curious person was thinking of a Lee, Hornady, etc., some good info could be had.

Reggie appears set on a 550B, but Bob is still in the investigation stage. We'll see where he ends up.

9. Hogpauls

Hogpauls

Nov 6, 2009
    Idaho
    I wouldn't call it the bad part of Idaho.........just a little more populated.