close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

5.11 Investigator Knife

Discussion in 'The Cutting Edge' started by walkin' trails, Aug 4, 2010.

Tags:
  1. walkin' trails

walkin' trails

Apr 24, 2005
    5.11 has apparently discontinuted their original product line of folding knives. I got an email from my local cop shop a couple of weeks ago advertising the Investigator model for half price. I went in and bought one of the last ones they had in stock. The blade is a 3" half serrated tanto in 154 steel. The grip panels are G10. For $40 bucks, I thought that was a heck of a good deal. The knife seems to be pretty well engineered and robust for its size. I checked 5.11's current line and their present line of blades are priced a little less but use AUS8 instead of th 154. I like 154 because it takes an edge, seems to hold an edge, and is much easier to sharpen than other steels.

Anyone had any experiences with the now-discontinued 5.11 line of knives?

2. TRMN8R

TRMN8R Cage Fighter Lifetime Member

Jun 7, 2007
    Harley City, GA
    It IS.

Do they happen to have any left? If SO, hook a brother up!

3. bought their first responder tanto knife at half price and it has an s30v crucible steel blade and its been phenomenal so far

4. walkin' trails

walkin' trails

Apr 24, 2005
    About 2 hrs after I bought mine, a co-worker called them and was told they were sold out. Check some of the on-line knife vendors. They may still have them.

5. TRMN8R

Jun 7, 2007
    Harley City, GA
    I did, and they do, but even "on sale", they're about $70+.

For that price, I'll sink it into something else, but for $40, I'd buy one any day of the week and probably two on Sunday.

6. TRMN8R

Jun 7, 2007
    Harley City, GA
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2010