close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

45 Super Chrono Data G30/G21C

Discussion in 'The Big Dawgs Club' started by turbonatr, Nov 9, 2003.

1. NoJoy

NoJoy

May 4, 2005
    Seattle
    Has anyone tried a Springco recoil reduction guide rod in their 21? I am thinking of using their COR-BON recoil reduction guide rod for my 21SF to shoot 45 Super. I don't want to port unless I have to.
    Also I am going to get a Barsto or Javis barrel for my 21 to shoot the Super. Is there much of a difference between the two?

2. Barsto is about the best. I have heard of some "too tight" chambers on Jarvis barrels. The KKM barrels seem very good. I like a non-captured steel spring guide with the heaviest spring for 45 Super loads.

3. Senderofan

Senderofan

Jun 14, 2007
    midwest
    I've got one in my 21SF and am pleased with it. I've not shot .45 super with it however.

Good Luck,

Wayne

4. Iceman cHucK

Iceman cHucK

Jun 23, 2008
    WA state
    I posted my 45Super comments over in the "21 Club"(Updated 7/20/08) In summary I thought I had successfully got my G21 45Super project complete but had further setbacks with failures to feed problems today!!!. I am using a Lone Wolf black threaded barrel with thread protector; a SS captured guide rod with 22lb and 24 lb recoil spring ; and extra power mag springs from Glockmeister. Buffalo Bore ammo used were 230GDHP chrono'd at 1141fps (665ftlbs), and 230FMJFP chron'd at 1162fps (689ftlbs). Both of these loads exceeded advertised velocity of 1100fps!
    With these continuing problems I have decided to stop further testing with 45 Super and restore my Glock 21 to stock condition for now. I believe a heavier slide may be nesessary to get better reliability.
    Iceman cHucK
    DVC

5. Arc Angel

Arc Angel Deus Vult!

Sep 20, 2003
    Penn's Woods
    :upeyes: Iceman, I think you should be using a Wolff Gunsprings non-captured steel guide rod and Wolff 22# or 24# springs. (Depending on your loads) You might want to talk to Lone Wolf Distributors about having the chamber on your LWD barrel polished, too. ;)

6. Beware Owner

Beware Owner NOT a victim.

Oct 16, 2007
  7. Arc Angel

Arc Angel Deus Vult!

Sep 20, 2003
    Penn's Woods
    There are people on this board who have reported shooting 45 Super out of a G-30. Personally, my instincts run against trying this in anything other than a 3rd generation G-21 frame fitted with a longer aftermarket barrel. I am, also, positive that I don't want to be the first kid on my block to try firing 45 Super with a G-36.

(Have you ever heard the report or felt the power released when you touch off a 45 Super round? If you're indoors, dust will shake out of the rafters!) :shocked:

8. dougader

dougader

Apr 17, 2004
    Its been a long time since I read through this thread. So I thought I'd add something to the mix. My short trip to the range today yielded a 5 shot string something like this:

265 grain Beartooth WFNGC bullet over 9.3 grains Blue Dot, WLP primer, COAL at 1.185".

Velocity = 1,033 fps
    Hi = 1068 fps
    Low = 1005 fps
    ES = 63 fps
    ME = 628 ft. lbs.

Just a little something I worked up for my fishing trips in black bear territory. Fired from a G21sf with a 6" LWD 4-port barrel.

[​IMG]

9. dougader

dougader

Apr 17, 2004
    Here are a few more pics of the setup. I am very impressed with 265 grain WFNGC bullet. I would have no hesitation in using it on large bodied mule deer or elk within range.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 8, 2011
  10. reflex264

reflex264

Jul 7, 2009
    Tennessee
    I know this is an old thread but still a good thread. My 21sf turned out great. The final incarnation of the gun is:

6" Storm Lake barrel
    Lone Wolf trigger housing with adjustable trigger stop
    Ghost 3.5 connector
    Wolfe SS un-captive rod with 24# spring (19# when shooting +P+
    Siderlocked trigger with crossbolt safety

Using Buffalo Bore 255grs it is launching them from the 6" barrel 1130fps (723ftlbs)
    I have been casting the 255gr Lee WFN from 50/50 and water dropping them. In order to get them to feed corretly from the super loads I seat the bullet so that the OAL is 1.138". Loaded over 8.7grs of Blue Dot they are running 1011fps. Groups are averageing 1.5" at 25 yards. The bullets are impacting exactly on the sights at 25 yards.

I have been playing with 185gr Noslers as well. 10.8grs Blue Dot runs them out at 1260fps. With this load it is by far the most accuate Glock I have seen. Groups are running 1" at 25 yards. I have used this load to take two whitetails and it worked great on both of them. Here is the gun and the 255gr. reflex264

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 7, 2011
  11. TXAGGIECCL

TXAGGIECCL .45ACP Pack'n

Feb 24, 2001
    Since my new G21SF RTF2 came in last month, I think I'm going to make my Gen3 G21SF a dedicated .45 Super. I've already got the Wolff steel guide rod and a 24 LBS spring. I guess I just need to pick up some of those 255gr Buffalo Bore rounds :)

12. dougader

dougader

Apr 17, 2004
    I found that the 255 grain rnfp bullets I got from Beartooth actually needed to be seated deeper in the case to feed right than the 265 grain wfngc bullets.

I really like the set-up.

13. reflex264

reflex264

Jul 7, 2009
    Tennessee
    I am going to try some bullets from a BRP mold this week. They weigh 264grs and the nose profile is designed for auto pistols. Has a nice meplat about like the Buffalo Bore. reflex264

Last edited: Mar 7, 2011
  14. Hi guys,
    Glad to see this thread back up. I'm going to load some 230gr. JHP rounds this weekend for my 21SF in .45 Super. 13.5 of AA#7 should be the load that I'm going to see how it does again since the first time I shot it back last year.
    I've thought of getting a 20SF, but with these loads, I have 10mm power and more.
    PLUS, I am finally getting a Chrony, will be here Monday, so I will really know for sure what these babies are coming out at. My 21SF has a 6" LW(non-ported) barrel, 22lb. ISMI spring, with SS non-captured guide rod and .45 Super brass.

15. vaquero aleman

vaquero aleman "ah-lay-mahn"

Jan 9, 2009
    The Wild Wild West
    Try MidwayUsa, Able's Sporting Goods and buffalobore.com

16. vaquero aleman

vaquero aleman "ah-lay-mahn"

Jan 9, 2009
    The Wild Wild West
    By the by, where do you find a 25# spring for a Wolff guide rod, or for any other guide rod? The only reason I ask is because I believe that is what is advertised in Ace's conversion kit.

17. dougader

dougader

Apr 17, 2004
    I can't remember now what weight spring I got, 22 or 24#, but I got mine at Lone Wolf Distributors in Idaho, same place where I got my barrel. Wish I would have paid the extra $10 for the hidden wolf logo...

18. highfructosecornsyrp

highfructosecornsyrp

Feb 2, 2011
    Old thread, but I don't care...

So how can a 36 run this round? Will it need a 30 slide? I know it might look goofy, but that would give it the slide mass people keep saying is necessary to make sure the slide doesn't batter the frame?

I ask because I think the 36 would be a good trail gun...