close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

.45 Gap

Discussion in 'Band of Glockers' started by edtf, May 24, 2008.

1. edtf

edtf
    Expand Collapse

Is the .45 GAP available here in Manila? Anyone using this?

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. TTPower

TTPower
    Expand Collapse

meron ata pero its so hard to find one. and if u find 1 its going to be expensive. and also ur going to have a hard time looking for someone who can reload for u.

3. isuzu

isuzu
    Expand Collapse

Which brings us to the question: Did the round ever gain popularity outside of the US?

4. edtf

edtf
    Expand Collapse

I was just thinking - the GAP is just shorter than the reg .45 why not just cut down the .45 to be a GAP? BUT yup never saw a .45 GAP here yet (ammo or the pistol)

5. boholglock

boholglock
    Expand Collapse

Nashe had a Glock 37 on display last gunshow. They should have some GAP if they are selling such pistol.

6. isuzu

isuzu
    Expand Collapse

That's not possible. The 45 ACP uses large pistol primers while the 45 GAP uses small pistol primers. I believe this is to prevent over-ignition which could lead to pressure spikes in a smaller case.

7. edtf

edtf
    Expand Collapse

aahhhh you got me there!! I didn't know the GAP uses small primers - oh well I was just thinking out loud. Thanks for the heads up!!

8. Poodle

Poodle
    Expand Collapse

Last gun show, PB Dionisio was selling .45 GAP rounds. It seems that there is still some confusion in the mind of the guy I spoke with because I was buying .45 ACP rounds and when he asked me what FA it was intended for, I said Glock 21. At that, he said I should get the .45 GAP because my pistol is a Glock. Even insisted on it, saying that the .45 ACP will not feed in my Glock 21. When I explained the difference (even saying that I shot thousands of rounds of .45 ACP in the G21), I got the feeling that he still didn't believe me.

9. edtf

edtf
    Expand Collapse

Wow talk about misinformation!! That is pretty sad and I thought people at PBD knew their stuff pretty well :(

10. crazy_hans

crazy_hans
    Expand Collapse

fr. who did you talk to last gun show?is the tall guy with a fair complexion?if yes he is no longer there.hahahaha finally!he got a lot of complaints from customers including me.he doesn't know the stuff that he sells and nuknukan pa ng bastos.

11. Poodle

Poodle
    Expand Collapse

Yes, I think so. Well. he should not really give wrong info especially when it comes to guns and ammo. Good for PBD.

12. Punisher_nbi45

Punisher_nbi45
    Expand Collapse
    R we der yet?

I still don't get the 45GAP...maybe i'm just one of those slow-thinking country bumpkins who just doesn't get the idea of replacing the "venerable .45acp" with something that is nearly equivalent in ballistics, and you can put in a 9mm-size package...i haven't had any info regarding shootings or what have you, but my guess is that if you really needed a potent round in a 9mm-size package, you should go for the .357 Sig.

Anyway, does anybody here like the 45Gap? Could you please give me your opinions on this particular round, and will it likely replace the 45ACP down the road? Thanks.

13. atmarcella

atmarcella
    Expand Collapse

gusto lang kasi ni gaston me ammo na me pangngalan nya. kagaya ng 40s&w or 357sig.

14. edtf

edtf
    Expand Collapse

YUP that is what I heard too - something to boost his ego :). BUT the GAP had pretty good reviews before - (ok ok I just heard that :) )

15. atmarcella

atmarcella
    Expand Collapse

i guess that ammo will just die a slow death. glock themselves helped kill the ammo by coming out with the g21sf.

16. Django

Django
    Expand Collapse

While we cannot discount the possibility that there might have been a miniscule ego of Gaston Glock at play in the creation of the 45 GAP, the probable reason why that round was designed was that the think tanks of Glock wanted a shorter 45 cal round so that the girth of the grip of the Glock pistol would be smaller. The bright boys of Gaston figured that a lot of people (me included) have a strong love affair with the 45 caliber. They also figured that a lot of these 45 guys do not like the GLOCK 21 chambered for this round because they'd need large mitts to adequately handle it. So why not design a shorter 45 bullet for a 45 Glock gun with smaller grips?

17. atmarcella

atmarcella
    Expand Collapse

18. Thx-1138

Thx-1138
    Expand Collapse
    NRA Member

The .45GAP is a sweet shooter. Comparable ballistics to the .45ACP, it comes in a smaller package; smaller than a 21SF. For those who don't mind the larger size of the .45ACP guns, by all means stick with them. But some of us like the feel of the thinner, shorter grip of the standard Glocks, and still want .45 bullets.

I don't know if the GAPs will have much of a following outside the US; but it's gaining in popularity here, not losing.

19. Allegra

Allegra
    Expand Collapse

haha great avatar!

20. Django

Django
    Expand Collapse

I would think so. I think in a matter of time, this caliber will get the attention it deserves. I still remember when the question of the day then was: "Who needs a .caliber 40? We already have the 9mm and the 45."