close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

.45 gap

Discussion in 'Reloading' started by Chas., Jul 30, 2010.

1. Chas.

Chas.

Mar 28, 2010
    I have a Model 37 (.45 GAP) and I'd like to reload for it. For dies, I thought I might pick up a set of .45 ACP off ebay. My question is, can any ACP dies be used to reload GAP or must they specify ACP/GAP dies? Any help would be appreciated.

2. tjpet

tjpet

May 14, 2001
    Utah-Idaho border
    .45ACP dies will work fine for your .45GAP.

3. srd

srd

Apr 4, 2009
    Congats on the Model 37. Go over to gun related clubs and take a look at the GAP forum. There are some loads listed there to try. Have fun !!

4. Uncle Don

Uncle Don Wood butcher

Jan 24, 2004
    Midwest
    I'm not doubting you if you are using ACP dies to load GAP, but I didn't think it would work due to the flaring die having too much distance in it for the shorter GAP case. For that matter, I thought the same thing might happen with the Seater/crimp die.

I'm using Lee and just got rid of my ACP dies and use GAP dies to load both, much like the 38 will load 357 and the 44 special will load mag. I'm assuming you have a different brand that allows this?

5. Jon_R

Jon_R

May 3, 2009
    Central Florida
    Are you sure? I reload .45 ACP and don't reload .45 GAP. When I am reloading my range brass for .45 ACP and I come across a .45 GAP mixed in I can tell immediately in the resize station. It is almost like resizing nothing so I assumed at least the sizing die is different but maybe not.

If the dies are the same then I guess I could load .45 GAP up. :)

6. Glocks&Ducs

Glocks&Ducs

Apr 24, 2004
    When the GAP first came out, people were using 45ACP dies with no problem. What they wound up having to do is mount the locknut on the bottom side of their tool head so they could run the die down further, than would normally be achievable with the nut on top. Some people also took to machining a couple thousands off of their dies.

Now, I think everyone sells their 45ACP dies as 45GAP compatible. That is most likely because they dimensioned them to work with the GAP, and the secondary benefit is that they still work with 45ACP. I don't know exactly what they include now, but when I bought my LEE 45GAP die set, it was just a 45 ACP set with a 45Webley seating/crimping die.

7. Chas, welcome to Glocktalk.

Here's a set of Lee .45 GAP dies for sale...in the wrong section. You should snap them up. I have no affiliation with this seller.

http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1248414

8. unclebob

unclebob

Oct 14, 2000
    Mary Esther FL

Last edited: Jul 31, 2010