Glock Talk banner

.40 Cz75

Tags
40 cal
4K views 17 replies 10 participants last post by  Mintis458 
#1 ·
Sirs, just want to ask if any of you have tried out or own and use .40 S&W CZ75s. Kamusta reliability? Are .40 CZs also at risk for "kabooms?" Maraming salamat!

#3 ·
if you are refering to the CZ 75 IPSC or Tac sport they are awesome!!!and very reliable only issue i had with them was when i was trying to get 21 rounds on my limited mag... i have both and they are very competitive , easy to set up and CHEAP... only drawside is that they do weigh a lot .. and like what Vega said ALL guns can go kaboom due to double charges and more stuff...

#4 ·
I have one and can take on all ammo except for the semi-wad.. Extra mags you can only buy at PB Dionisio but the mag springs of the mag they're selling is worthless... There isa a mecgar mag at a gunstore in Gale that I think can fit in the CZ .40, but the attendant there says it cant... 10 rounds mag capacity.. yung tapon ng basyo medyo malayo which might mean I have to increase a 16 lb. spring.. pero advise sa kin dito wag daw muna bayaan muna wear out....

Except for the round capacity, it's a heck of a gun

#5 ·
Cznayr,

i used to have the same problem with sw ammo you can eliminate this with a lot of feedramp polishing buff and flitz alos check the quality of the lead make sure its not TOO soft.. also break off or round off the bottom edge of your breech face, the rim of your brass sometimes catches the sharp edge of it..for the mag springs i use the xtra long ones sold from CZ usa (15 coils)...also use the new tactical sport follower to get 17 rounds easy or go crazy have Tony pascual build you a +1 base pad to have 18 rounds reloadable IPSC BOX Compliant as for the recoil spring i use a 14# with stock buffs...;) enjoy

#7 ·
Thanks sirs vega, ogiebb and cznayr. The firing range where I inquired has only 9mm CZ75s for rent but I was interested in the .40 version. Nice to hear that it's a reliable and not too costly pistol. Also wanted to know if hollowpoints feed well. I don't think the extra weight will be a problem, since it won't be primarily for carry and the heaviness will help a newbie like me handle the recoil.

I understand PBD is the official Philippine CZ distributor, so after sales service and parts are also handled by them?

#8 ·
the cz-75B .40 cal. slide is beefier. thicker material to handle the higher pressures. same configuration as the regular cz-75B and 85B models. DA/SA. all cz pistols are proven designs. it's one of the cult pistols belonging with the ranks of the 1911s, glocks, brownings, etc.

the cz-75 ipsc and tactical sport model like ogie's is a hell of a pistol. it's an SA only pistol. i only know 4-5 people who uses it for ipsc here in the philippines. saruman is one of them. the trigger is sub 1 lb. nakakatakot gamitin if you're not familiar with the trigger system kasi mahipan lang ng hangin or dampian ng finger mo, boom na!

local distributor is pbd but i don't think they're stocking up on replacement parts anymore bec. of the EU ban selling arms and ammo to "terrorist" haven countries. whatever they have are old-new stocks from several years back pa. pag naubos yon, wala na...

If you plan to get this pistol, stock up on extra magazines, mag springs, followers, slide stops and other springs and parts that wear out, if available at pbd.

#10 ·
Wow, thanks for the info sir E.C. I'll keep in mind the possibility of the supply of spares for the CZ drying up here in pinas. If it's a move dictated by the E.U., do you think the supply of Glock pistols and parts will also be affected?
Sir asian glockster, i only know the price of the 9mm CZ75, it's P42-44k, and last gunshow it was around P34k.

#11 ·
the cz-75 ipsc and ts's SA trigger is super sweet! very easy to shoot fast and accurately. if you have a chance to get one for a good price, collectible pistol yan!

don't worry about the usual parts that break, kayang kaya i-fabricate nila metrillo whatever needs to be made! mas matibay pa sa orig!

trivia: the cz-75 select semi and full auto machine pistol 9mm uses the same slide configuration as the cz-75 in .40 to stand up to the full auto hammering.

#14 ·
I think Deenoh sells NZs in .40 cal. I remembered a gunsmith in Bacolod who converted a CZ DA/SA into SA only pistol. When the owner decided to use it in Production Division, the gunsmith returned the trigger pull to DA/SA configuration.

#15 ·
Originally posted by ogiebb
if you are refering to the CZ 75 IPSC or Tac sport they are awesome!!!and very reliable only issue i had with them was when i was trying to get 21 rounds on my limited mag... i have both and they are very competitive , easy to set up and CHEAP... only drawside is that they do weigh a lot .. and like what Vega said ALL guns can go kaboom due to double charges and more stuff...
Will you be kind enough to tell me how to get 21 rounds for CZ75 IPSC???:)

#16 ·
Originally posted by Eye Cutter
trivia: the cz-75 select semi and full auto machine pistol 9mm uses the same slide configuration as the cz-75 in .40 to stand up to the full auto hammering.

hey thanks for this info.... I thought only glocks can go full auto. I think glock17 and the full auto capable version (glock18) have the same specs too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.