Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Connect with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Read up on the latest product reviews
  • Make new friends to go shooting with!
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

Glock Talk is the #1 site to discuss the world’s most popular pistol, chat about firearms, accessories and more.

4 FTFs with Underwood Ammo

Discussion in 'The 10 Ring' started by Slateman, Jan 25, 2013.

1. ModGlock17

Dec 18, 2010
    Sounds like an umbrella cya. It is certainly true if you douse the firing pin channel with dripping lubricant. I would assume an average person have more common sense than that, but a lawyered mfgr with big pocket can't make the same assumption.

Frog lube I use, is not a low viscosity item that can find its way into a cartridge. Lightly rub the paste on metal surface, heat it with a hair dryer, soak off the excess. When cooled, it'd paste up again. Really slick, I'd name it the Willie Clinton treatment. Carbon deposit mixed in Frog lube is far easier to clean than dried up gunk in the channel. Pressured can cleaner will blow it clean. FWIW.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
  2. GRT45

GRT45 Transform & Win

Jun 20, 2010
    I don't have a problem with conditioning the metal firing pin and firing pin safety with some protective product, such as Frog Lube or Ballistol, that penetrates the surface of the metal and the excess is thoroughly wiped off. The real No-No is to squirt some liquid lubricant on the firing pin or in the firing pin channel and closing it up wet, and that is the reason for Glock's warning.
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2013