Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Reason #1
  • Reason #2
  • Reason #3

Site Description

3rd Gen 22C or 4th Gen 22

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by FZR600KID, Oct 29, 2012.

1. FZR600KID

Mar 12, 2007
    Central Indiana
    I am currently working for a Security Company and get LEO discount on glocks through a local dealer. I am wanting to upgrade from a 3rd Gen 23C to a full size 22, but I am stuck between the 2 mention in the title ( 3rd gen 22c or 4th 22).

The pros of the 4th gen are it is not ammo sensitive like my C model is ( it wont fire cheaper federal, even says it wont on the box) and I would be able to compete on an more even playing field with IDPA. The magazine release is also larger and easier with my small hands ( still not like as much as Hk45 or P30 but half the price).

The C models though, I love the reduction in muzzle flip. I hated that about the normal gen 3 22s, which would be a big advantage if I had to ever use my weapon.

2. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

Dec 17, 1998
    Roanoke, Virginia
    Go for the Gen4. The dual recoil spring assembly helps reduce recoil.

3. BuckyP

BuckyP Lifetime Member

Feb 1, 2005
    Have yet to fire a GEN 4, so can't comment on that. We have a 23C and 22C. I have a non C barrel for the 22C and personally don't use the C barrel anymore, though the wife does on occasion.

The C models are not allowed in any division of IDPA, unless you use a non ported barrel.
  4. 24601

Oct 7, 2012
    hated my g22...loved my g22c and my the c model and if you want to take advantage of a dual spring rsa, go buy one from efk firedragon....or if you want a triple spring rsa, get a dpm recoil rod....
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2012