close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

3rd battery straight to hell...

Discussion in 'Moto Club' started by GSX-MAN, Nov 17, 2007.

1. GSX-MAN

GSX-MAN

Mar 29, 2003
    Netherlands
    Aww s#&t, my battery's lost beyond redemption.

All due to my alarm system, which was mandatory to get my bike insured. When I don't use the bike for a while, it totally drains my battery, leaving my bike to be a nice garden ornament.

It never used to be a problem, since I used the bike to get to work. But the last 1,5 years, I have a job within bicycle's range, so I only use my motorbike for fun.

Damn the company that built my alarm system and damn the insurance company that had me fit it to my bike straight to hell...

Sorry guys, just wanted to rant about having to buy a new battery.

2. Naptown34

Naptown34 NRA Life Member

Sep 18, 2007
    On the Bay
    Get a battery cut out switch. No drain. Easy to install in series.

And maybe a separate battery for the bike....

3. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

Oct 23, 2000
    California & New Mexico, US
    Battery Tender is your friend and dirt cheap at around $40 a pop.

4. Lone Wolff

Lone Wolff Tire World...

Dec 17, 2002
    Nebraska
    Maybe they're harder to come by in the Netherlands?

5. GSX-MAN

GSX-MAN

Mar 29, 2003
    Netherlands
    No, the worst part is that it's my own fault. I've got an Optimate 3, which I only need to connect to the bike to keep my battery healthy. But my bike is parked outside and I forgot to connect the device when I parked my bike while it was starting to rain.

I want that switch Naptown34 is talking about, it sounds like a good way to stop my alarm from draining the battery.

6. HandyMan Hugh

HandyMan Hugh NRA Life Member

May 17, 2002
    Hallstead, PA
    A battery disconnect might be a bad idea. If your bike is stolen the insurance company could later come back on you and sue you for what ever they paid out to you for the bike. Check to see if the use of the alarm system is required for the theft insurance to be valid.

A 1/2 Amp trickle charger might be a better idea. Batteries self discharge over time. A trickle charger will prevent that, as well as maintain the alarm system.

7. GSX-MAN

GSX-MAN

Mar 29, 2003
    Netherlands
    An other option would be entirely removing the alarm and don't say a thing to the insurance company.

8. blackopsglock

blackopsglock smckma

Oct 6, 2002
    Yeah.Walmart sells a trickle charger for under $20.Ive installed hundreds of them for every bike that comes through my shop.Customers appreciate the extra attention to detail.

9. GSX-MAN

GSX-MAN

Mar 29, 2003
    Netherlands
    Replaced part of my exhaust last weekend. What a job, been working on it for about 6 hours, using cutting and welding tools in the process.

Next time, I'll bring it to the shop...