close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

38 spl. Question

Discussion in 'GATE Self-Defense Forum' started by Glocknload 19, Oct 3, 2010.

1. Glocknload 19

Glocknload 19

Jul 8, 2010
    Mas, I had some extra money so I treated myself to SW M&P 340. I'll probably carry 38's in it, but like the option of the 357 as well. Is there any currently sold 38 ammunition that shoots to the same point of aim and is reasonably close to the Federal Nyclad's recoil. I have a very short supply of the Nyclad ammo and I don't want to shoot it up, but I would like to practice extensively with something similar. Also, If I decide to go with the GD 135+p for carry, would I be gaining that much in performance for the heavier recoil? Thanks, Don B.

2. Mas Ayoob

Mas Ayoob KoolAidAntidote Moderator

Nov 6, 2005
    My M&P 340 shoots spot on with GD 135 +P, and that's my favorite load for it. It has indeed performed very well in the field.

Federal recently reintroduced their light recoil Nyclad Chief Special load, though the bullet design is not the exact same configuration as the old stuff. Check with your dealer to see if he can order some for you to try.

best,
    Mas