close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

.38 Special brass

Discussion in 'Reloading' started by davesretired1, Oct 22, 2010.

1. davesretired1

davesretired1

Sep 7, 2009
    OK...first a little background.......when I moved to Phoenix in 04, I left behind a bunch of reloading gear with a friend as I hadn't planned on reloading again. Well, times change. He has since sent me my 550 and misc. items and I'm back up reloading again. This week I got another shipment of odds and ends from him ( I think he was emptying his basement ).

:wow:So here's my problem. He sent along approx. 20-30 lbs of used .38 spcl brass. I'm guessing to the weight as my scale isn't working, but I would estimate a few thousand pcs. I don't want them, nor do I want to sell them for scrap. They need to be used. So if you're in the Phoenix area ( I'm on the West side, specifically Surprise ) and can use them, post your e-mail address here and I'll contact you back via e-mail to set up a meeting. First come, first served.

2. 2wheelDuke

2wheelDuke

Oct 8, 2010
    If that's the case, I'd paypal some money for a large USPS flat rate box. That is of course if you'd be willing to go to the trouble of boxing some up.

3. shotgunred

shotgunred local trouble maker

Mar 1, 2008
    Washington (the state)
    That is nice of you. Try to find someone just getting into reloading and pay it forward.:cool:

4. gjk5

gjk5 Pinche Gringo

I would like to have some, will happily pay shipping.

5. njl

njl

Sep 28, 2000
    :noitacoL

Me too...especially if it's once or twice fired and not used to death or horribly tarnished.

6. stumpjumper

stumpjumper

Feb 5, 2007
    Georgia
    I, too, would be interested in some of the 38 spl brass. Just let me know how much the shipping is.

7. GioaJack

GioaJack Conifer Jack

Apr 14, 2009
    Conifer, CO
    OP:

If you really just want to keep life simple and give the brass to local guys 'Doc Holiday' from over on the GT Outpost forum, just started a new board called 'Arizona Gunowners'.

Send Doc a PM here on GT, he can probably lead you in the right direction or already know some of his members who need the brass. He's a nice guy and trying very hard to make that board successful for the Arizona shooters.

Jack

8. davesretired1

davesretired1

Sep 7, 2009
    Thanks Jack. I found the board so I'll sign up and post there. To be honest, I don't know how to send anyone a PM from this board so hopefully this will get to him via the board itself. Dave

9. GioaJack

GioaJack Conifer Jack

Apr 14, 2009
    Conifer, CO

Dave:

If you have trouble with his board or getting in touch with him just click on 'private messages' up in the right hand corner of this page, (right below where it says, 'Welcome davesretired'), then go to the left hand side of the page and you'll see a line that says, 'send private message', click on it.

The page will refresh, where it says 'send to' just type in Doc Holiday, put in a subject matter then type your message. Simple.

If you ever want to send a message to someone on a thread just click on their avatar for a shortcut. Didn't know you could learn all this neat stuff on a loading forum, did ya? :supergrin:

Jack

10. davesretired1

davesretired1

Sep 7, 2009
    I bow to your infinite wisdom, Revered One :bowdown:

11. GioaJack

GioaJack Conifer Jack

Apr 14, 2009
    Conifer, CO

You guys need to be more like 'davesretired', he's obviously a man of superior breeding and recognizes excellence when he sees it. :whistling:

Jack

12. Bob2223

Bob2223 Jack's buddy!

Mar 26, 2009
    Spencer Indiana

:faint:

Bob

13. WiskyT

WiskyT Malcontent

Jun 12, 2002
    North Carolina
    Jack's heart is two sizes too small which makes him as cuddly as a cactus, all of which you'll see for yourself in short order.

14. IndyGunFreak

IndyGunFreak

Jan 26, 2001
    Indiana
    Jack.. your abilities to navigate your computer amaze me... :rofl:

IGF

15. GioaJack

GioaJack Conifer Jack

Apr 14, 2009
    Conifer, CO
    Dave:

Pay no attention to the three disgruntled posters above, they are not representative of the refined and knowledgeable forum members that tend to frequent this binary pathway.

It is rumored that their less than desirable attitudes stem from lack of female companionship... in the biblical sense.

My apologies to you sir on their behalf.

Jack

16. gjk5

gjk5 Pinche Gringo

sez the ole horndog whilst oogling the UPS gal....