357SIG--Just posted results of expansion and velocity tests...

Discussion in 'Caliber Corner' started by jeffreybehr, Feb 7, 2013.

1. jeffreybehr

jeffreybehr GAPist #1944

2. Loading...

Similar Threads Forum Date
    Sioux Falls SD Finals are posted GSSF Jul 21, 2015
    Dawsonville prelims posted GSSF Jul 14, 2015
    Progressive insanity: defeat ISIS with gay marriage pictures posted on social media Political Issues Jul 9, 2015
    Missoula MT prelims are posted GSSF Jun 29, 2015
    Something a friend posted on facebook... General Firearms Forum Jun 26, 2015

3. Why do stupid water jug testing when scientific & objective testing is at your fingertips? :wavey:

http://le.atk.com/resources/videos.aspx

4. jeffreybehr

jeffreybehr GAPist #1944

My my, pls tell us how you REALLY think!

-------------------------

I test lots of bullets this way, and even if it's not as scientific as testing in, say, 10% ballistic jelatin, my results are highly comparable to each other. Bullets that come apart in water I do NOT want to use for personal defence. Bullets that expand correctly, stay together, and retain virtually all their weight I'm happy to carry for PD.

--------------------------

Now go cool off and try to do as your mother told you--if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything...or maybe she didn't tell you and that's why you're such a arrogant grouch.

5. Thanks for the info.

6. And you base that on what? Reading tea leaves? Water will means nothing unless you're trying to prevent Aquaman from molesting you. :upeyes:

7. jeffreybehr

jeffreybehr GAPist #1944

Tiro, how 'bout for now on you just ignore my postings...sort of leave them to us idiots here on GlockTalk who feel there may be some useful info here.

Bye!

8. LASTRESORT20

LASTRESORT20 LongTerm-Guy

`Good stuff Jeff! Thanks

9. Jeffb, have you done any work with 357 Sig using the all cooper light wait bullets?

10. jeffreybehr

jeffreybehr GAPist #1944

rusty, search for my posts, read the subject lines, and you'll find lots of post about the Barnes TAC-XP bullets.
    [​IMG]

11. SCmasterblaster

Millennium Member

Great expansion!

12. Tiro, do you post anything positive or just sit around and gripe about everyone and what they do, what they carry, and what they try to share with everyone on the forum. Cripes.. now go back downstairs at mom's house and start eating your cereal sitting in your obgyn chair with a Captain Crunch hat on!

13. SCmasterblaster

Millennium Member

Thanks for the info - I wasn't that aware. :cool:

14. JeffB, thanks. I am in retail business. For better or worse penetration is always on my mind.

15. Well maybe in the back of my mind.

16. OK, Range Gomer. Keep shooting your "scientific" milk jugs and watch your "6" for Aquaman!! :upeyes: :rofl:

17. jeffreybehr

jeffreybehr GAPist #1944

'Range Gomer'? I must be really out of it--I don't know what that means.

18. SCmasterblaster

Millennium Member

I wonder how they knew whether or not the all-copper alloy bullets would expand so well?

19. Most bullets can be found in the various forums or youtube. Some of the testers you learn to respect their results.

Then the home boy water jug test is just an easy way to confirm that your gun does a good job with the bullet. After a while you end up with a number of bullets that you can compare the expansion and number of jugs penetrated to the testers results for the same bullets. You then have a good idea if you can use the water jug test a a guide to rounds you want to carry.

I am responsible for the rounds and carry and I own the bullet where ever it ends up. I do get a kick out of shooting water jugs. Must be the twelve year old in me

20. SCmasterblaster

Millennium Member

And most every shooter has a water jug . . .