.357 sig

Discussion in 'Caliber Corner' started by Amplified, May 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amplified

Amplified Senior Member

This is a good video for the recoil sensitive.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjmtUFrFBc4"]500 mag with 700 grain bullet - YouTube[/ame]

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
    #21 Amplified, May 7, 2012
    Last edited: May 7, 2012
  2. "Stiff" is the term the poster I responded to used, but I understand his meaning. Like him I didn't initially like the recoil characteristics from my stock G-32, although it was not as bad as the .40S&W pistols I'd shot. The Wolff system I installed brought the recoil to just a bit more than my fine 9mm with +P+ ammo.

At any rate, it's all relative as the Magnums and one .50 caliber revolvers I have shot don't kick like a 12 gauge; and regardless of caliber or weapon if one can make it as shooter friendly as possible that's a good thing.

3. Amplified

Amplified Senior Member

Agreed. The recoil of the S&W 500 is quite manageable in the 8 3/8" barrel configuration. Although the gentleman in the video is using the 4" barrel model and shooting 700 grainers! That is one monstrous lead ingot!

4. Amplified

Amplified Senior Member

It's astonishing to think that just one of those enormous 700 grain rounds weights over three times the weight of the 230 grain .45 ACP round! If ever rated in one shot stops, it would be at 100% lol!:supergrin:

5. maybe, but you'd be a tard to carry one for SD. If you missed with your first shot you would have about 6 rds in you or a knife in your sternum from the BG before you got off a second shot.

gunfights are all about rapid accurate gunfire. hand cannons are for hunting bears or saying "everyone look at me" at the range

#25 breacher1, May 7, 2012
    Last edited: May 7, 2012
  6. Even though the 357SIG barrel for a 229 isn't a "conversion? Other than the barrel, the .40 and 357 models are identical. Hell, SIG doesn't even mark caliber on them except for the barrel hood.

My 229 is my go-to carry gun, and it hides just as well as my 32 did, even though I currently use a holster for it I'm not a big fan of.

Part of my problem with the 32 was that the grip size and shape did not work for my hands very well. Taking down the finger nubs helped, but not a lot. The only Glocks that fit my hand well are the 17/23/32 sized ones. The 229 is a different story, though.

7. Amplified

Amplified Senior Member

Trust me, you'd be a tard well before I ever would be and I wasn't advocating carrying a .500 Mag as a CC or OC or any other purpose. I've owned an S&W 500 for 3 years now and the only time I've taken it along with me outside of range trips is when I've been bear hunting a total of two times. I was merely making a joking statement. Lighten up.

The day that you can tell me anything about gunfights is the day that free .50 BMG sniper rifles and free F-22 RAPTOR fighter jets are given out by the Government as 4th of July independence presents to all decent citizens of the US. :tongueout:

#27 Amplified, May 8, 2012
    Last edited: May 8, 2012
  8. Amplified

Amplified Senior Member

It is a conversion, no matter how effortless the process may be...

When I purchase a firearm, thoughts of which caliber is most suitable for the specific firearm is one of the determining factors in the final purchasing decision.

An example would be when I chose the G19, there are of course more powerful chamberings offered by Glock but IMHO I believe that Gaston's design is very nearly perfect for the 9mm Luger. I have no reservations about it's durability/reliability whatsoever in that chambering.

#28 Amplified, May 8, 2012
  9. Amplified

Amplified Senior Member

For all intents and purposes I am just not a fan of converting calibers.

Whatever floats your boat.

#29 Amplified, May 8, 2012
  10. Amplified

Amplified Senior Member

To each his or her own. This thread was merely meant to bring some attention to what I believe to be an impressive round.

Have a good night all.

#30 Amplified, May 8, 2012
  11. I can see that you are impressed with yourself, and that is good because no one else is.

12. Amplified

Amplified Senior Member

I'm certain that your apparent bitterness win's people over famously!

#32 Amplified, May 8, 2012
  13. Amplified

Amplified Senior Member

Enjoy your evening going around flaming people's threads, that's an accomplishment! Kudos!

14. Just ordered a .357 conversion barrel for my G27 and 300 rounds of ammo are on the way. I want to see what this hard kicking is all about.

I love conversion barrels. What other gun can be 4 in 1. 4 in 1 assumes you would get the .22 kit along with the 9mm, .40, and .357.

15. NEOH212

NEOH212 Diesel Girl

I suppose the next thing your going to say is that higher pressure ammo doesn't wear your gun out faster than a lower pressure load. Such as +P versus standard velocity ammo?

(When words aren't enough to describe how stupid some people are.)

:upeyes:

Und noch weiß ein anderer typisch es der ganze chauvinistische amerikanische Mann, der denkt, dass er all das weiß.

:upeyes:

Believe whatever you want by the way!

:wavey:

#35 NEOH212, May 8, 2012
  16. wow!! I've never seen a thread where 6 of the last 7 posts were by the same person. I guess nobody else wants to rap with a tard. and your epic facepalm thing you post in all your threads is getting pretty tired.

flame on all alone. I'm out.

#36 breacher1, May 8, 2012
  17. Amplified

Amplified Senior Member

You're a tard and no one does wish to "rap" with you. Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

#37 Amplified, May 8, 2012
  18. Amplified

Amplified Senior Member

[​IMG]

Higher pressure ammo does in fact induce wear faster on gun parts.

It's you're not your btw, here I'll assist you with your 1st grade grammatical lesson for the day. You're is a contraction of you and are and your refers to something in which you possess. Got it? Good! Get it in your head ding dong lol!

#38 Amplified, May 8, 2012
  19. Amplified

Amplified Senior Member

The only difference may be in muzzle flip with the .357 SIG being faster. I honestly do not find either of these two calibers to have any substantial recoil.

There was a woman at the range a few weeks ago shooting a .454 Cassull, she may have weighted all of 130lbs and was handling it like a pro! :supergrin:

20. Few 357mag loadcs today "equal 357mag" performance in even 6" guns. A 125gr JHO @ 1400fps+ is pretty much what you get in most 4" revolvers. I think most 4" 357sigs are right about there as well w/ most ammo brands, based on my own chrongraph results.
    FWIW, I don't feel the 357sig recoils that much, but blast is pretty fierce. Higher vel 40s in the same platform recoil more to me but it is subjective.

#40 fredj338, May 8, 2012

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.