close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

357 mag

Discussion in 'GATE Self-Defense Forum' started by mikiep, May 15, 2011.

1. mikiep

mikiep

Apr 27, 2011
    MR. Ayoob

Have a self defense question but it is not about 2 legged foes. I do a lot of motorcycling riding up in the mountains like North Ga. and NC. usually for a week at a time which means staying in a cabin so I do carry one of my firearms with me. Last year A big bear walked out in front of the bike and stopped and was looking at me so, after a few seconds of looking at each other since I couldn't go anywhere the bear walked away it seemed like hours though. Anyway, I think I can out run the wife so I wasn't to worried ( joking ) however it did bring up a thought, that if attacked while camping and had no choice but, to shoot what would be a good round for a .357 mag to protect against something big.

Thank you

2. Mas Ayoob

Mas Ayoob KoolAidAntidote Moderator

Nov 6, 2005
    For bear, I'd be looking for a heavy, deep-driving, hard-cast or hard-jacketed round if I was using a .357 Magnum. Buffalo Bore, Cor-Bon, Double Tap, and Garrett are good places to start, Google should get you to each of them.

best of luck,
    Mas