close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

357 black hawk

Discussion in 'The Wheelhouse' started by BOOSTED12A, Nov 7, 2011.

1. BOOSTED12A

BOOSTED12A sequestered!

ive shot a few snubbnose 44s and 357s but holly crap! never realized a 10" barel would make it kick like that. its a 3 screw circa 1960ish that was my dads, he picked it up in AZ. growing up i got so excited when he brought it out. before tonight it haddnt been shot in atleast 35 years. its got such a wonderfull triger. it makes everything else ive shot feal like junk. i just poped off 3 rnds to see what its like. i cant wait to take some time and acually shot it at a target.

2. gunsmoke92

gunsmoke92

Jul 22, 2005
    Rigby, Idaho
    The first handgun I ever owned was a .357 Blackhawk that I bought while stationed in Alaska. Mine was a 6" version and was a real joy to shoot. Enjoy yours. :supergrin:

3. PlasticGuy

PlasticGuy

Jul 10, 2000
    I have two old model flattop .357 Blackhawks. One is a 1958 vintage 4 5/8", and the other is a 1960 vintage 6 1/2". Both are in great condition, and both shoot great.

I wanted to convert them to .44 Special, but I ended up getting a new model .44 Special flattop so I can just leave my old models as is.

4. BOOSTED12A

BOOSTED12A sequestered!

i think if i get a different grip for mine it might tame down the recoil some. then again, now that i think of it it may be the ammo im using. 40+ year old flat soft nose in SS casings. ill have to get some new ammo and compare it.