close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

325 wsm

Discussion in 'Hunting, Fishing & Camping' started by EL COLONEL, Nov 9, 2009.

1. EL COLONEL

EL COLONEL

Feb 1, 2006
    S.A. TEXAS
    Is this a good calibre ? Anybody own one ? do you like it ? Is this round gonna make it or Die off ?????? Nobody answered this question on calibre corner so i ask it here..Thanx guys :wavey:

2. What are hunting or shooting? A typicall 30cal is all that I need or should ever want.

3. EL COLONEL

EL COLONEL

Feb 1, 2006
    S.A. TEXAS
    Dont really know , i just never hear anything good or bad about this calibre.

4. TScottW99

TScottW99 NRA Life Member

Jul 15, 2002
    Roanoke, VA
    It is an awesome caliber... 8mm/.325. Americans don't jump all over it though in any cartridge for some reason. Would be great for smacking elk, moose, bear, etc...

I have only shot one .325wsm and it was a Browning A-Bolt. With factory ammo it will just plain punish you. With reloads it was not too bad for a magnum. You know that you are letting loose with a 200 grain bullet :D

5. EL COLONEL

EL COLONEL

Feb 1, 2006
    S.A. TEXAS
    noway, scott, thanks for your replies. Anyboby else????????

6. 357glocker

357glocker

Oct 28, 2002
    NE
  7. sourdough44

sourdough44

Jul 23, 2007
    WI
    For the handloader it would be O.K. I wouldn't want to only be able to shoot full power expensive factory loadings. I top out with a 300WSM & that's fine. Black bear & elk are the largest I would ever be going after. I can load it a little lighter for deer hunting if I wanted.

8. paynter2

paynter2 It ain't over Millennium Member

Apr 25, 1999
    upper mid-west
    That's a lot of medicine. Certainly more than necessary for deer, black bear or elk. It would be nice when moose hunting - but again, not necessary.

You'll take a lot of abuse shooting it - abuse that you don't have to take. Other calibers will do the job with much less punishment.

That said, if you want it, go for it. It will certainly kill anything you're likely to encounter.

9. Brass Nazi

Brass Nazi NO BRASS FOR U!

Jul 4, 2005