close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

32 HR magnum follow up question

Discussion in 'GATE Self-Defense Forum' started by polishnightmare, Mar 15, 2012.

1. polishnightmare

polishnightmare

Jun 14, 2004
    south lyon
    Mas:

based on testing with hogs. What was the issue? Lack of penatration, wound diameter, temp. stretch cavity?

Not used often. One case I reviewed, the defender emptied the gun into the attacker, who went down but was trying to get up. Defender reloaded, shot him some more, finally killed him. Went to trial, prosecution arguing that he shot him too many times. Acquitted, as I recall.

We've tried the Federal hollow point on man-size hogs. Unimpressive.

A few years ago I was at a writers' seminar hosted by S&W, where they mentioned they were considering dropping the .32 Mag chambering because of poor sales, and asked us what we thought could be done to amp up its power potential. One of my colleagues suggested that they promote high velocity, light-bullet frangible loads. Another suggested a slower, heavier bullet for the .32 Magnum.

I suggested a WIDER bullet.

They were not amused...

best,
    Mas

2. Mas Ayoob

Mas Ayoob KoolAidAntidote Moderator

Nov 6, 2005
    Penetration (or lack thereof) more than anything else.

best,
    Mas

3. Mas Ayoob

Mas Ayoob KoolAidAntidote Moderator

Nov 6, 2005
    No, the .327 is a more powerful cartridge with a longer case. (Haven't run across any shootings with it.) A .327 will chamber and safely fire a .32 Magnum, but a .327 should not fit in a standard .32 Magnum chamber.

best,
    mas