30s gen4

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by thesilverbullet, Jan 28, 2013.

1. can i install a g36 slide on a g30 gen4 frame?

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Loading...

Similar Threads Forum Date
    F/S Gen4 G19 Steel Guide Rod, G43 Mags Gun Parts & Accessories Yesterday at 5:32 PM
    Tungsten Guide rod Gen4 19 Gun Parts & Accessories Sunday at 9:27 PM
    G19 gen4 terminology before putchase General Glocking Sunday at 10:05 AM
    G19 Gen3 or Gen4? General Glocking Sunday at 9:17 AM
    New Gun Owner G26 Gen4 Introduction Forum Friday at 10:34 AM

3. NOPE. The rails on the Gen 4 30 will be too wide.

*edit* I'm not positive, but leaning no. Looking at pics on glocks website it may be possible. Sorry for putting the cart ahead of the horse.

#2 BenjiEDF, Jan 28, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2013
  4. thanks... well g30 gen4 this yr - g30s gend4 next yr. perhaps..
  5. so how does that work with 30s - orginal glock 30sf frame / slide is a sloppy fit?
  6. on older G30 the G36 barrel fits perfectly, i have one....shoots great as well. sorry ment to say g36 upper fits [perfectly on g30 lower, also shoots with no probs.....
    #5 mikegun, Jan 28, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2013
  7. I'm starting to second guess myself :embarassed: hmmm, ok well I'm going to change my answer to "I don't think so" but needs confirmation.
  8. GRT45

GRT45 Transform & Win

If you include the G36 barrel with the G36 slide, it will fit but I can't vouch for how well it functions on the G30 Gen4 frame. The G30 barrel will definitely not fit in the G36 or G30S slide. The G30 barrel has a larger O.D. (thicker walls) than the G36/G30S barrel.
    #7 GRT45, Jan 28, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2013
  9. jokon

jokon Cold Infidel

so in the 2013 Glock Annual, it says that the Glock 30 S was developed for an "Elite Law Enforcement Unit", does anybody know who Glock is referring to?
  10. Glock's suppose to be sending me a Gen4 G30 . As of monday it's been 4 weeks and 3 phone calls and still haven't seen it ! They said 2 more weeks !!!!! Wish they would hurry up !!!
  11. Michael Moore's personal bodyguards, after being embarassed at the airport by having one of his crew carrying an unregistered firearm (this part not satire). He has now decided to abide by the arbitrary 10 round restriction. Michael Moore's entourage will now carry Glock 30s pistols and will inact stricter background checks before hiring his armed mercenaries. Dianne Feinstein has not officially agreed to the same terms but I have an inside source that tells me she currently has an order out for 100 Glock 30s handguns.

#10 BenjiEDF, Jan 28, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2013
  12. GRT45

GRT45 Transform & Win

Los Angeles Police Department Special Investigation Section (S.I.S.) is what I've read. Mas Ayoob thinks that is a good bet.
  13. jokon

jokon Cold Infidel

14. sl703

How did you order it? I can't find this gun anywhere
  15. my orginal thought was to just drop my 36 slide (barrel, spring and all) on a 30 gen4 frame.

a gun show is in town this weekend and hopefully i will know by SAT afternoon...
  16. local shop got a 30S and she's nice - i had to take it...
    #15 thesilverbullet, Feb 1, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2013
  17. My local range just north of Atlanta has six. I picked one up today. I can't wait to shoot it!
  18. what was the date - mine is 1/7 took over 3 wks to ship ~125 miles - lol
  19. Hi read my post it does fit i have done same....
  20. Keep us posted, maybe do a range review post. I ended up getting one recently myself, sort of an impulse trade/buy but I'm hoping it rocks! I'm interested in what other people think about it. I wore it IWB all day today in a Galco Kingtuck for my G23 and it felt very natural, a little wider in the frame but it wasn't any heavier and not uncomfortable at all. The 30S conceals nice IMO.
  21. FFGLock30SF

FFGLock30SF München, Bayern

The glockstore.com has them....$close to $600,- incl. shipping.