close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

.300Blk

Discussion in 'Black Rifle Forum' started by gh0st614, Oct 23, 2011.

1. gh0st614

gh0st614
    Expand Collapse

So Im recently single again and I can start saving money towards guns again. I really want to SBR a .300 blackout maybe even suppress it.

Does the caliber still have a bright future? Last I saw it was still kinda in the beta phase with tons of promise and every upper snatched off the market.

Its either that or a Saiga SBR or something somebody posted a pic in the tactical shotgun thread that had me cream my pants.
    [​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Javelin

Javelin
    Expand Collapse
    Got Glock?
    Silver Member

The 300 Blackout is just beginning to gain momentum.

3. Javelin

Javelin
    Expand Collapse
    Got Glock?
    Silver Member

But to answer your question: either would be nice. I own both a couple 300 Blackout SBRs and a SBS Tromix Saiga.

I would tell you that my Noveske 300 Blackout is far more useful tool and much more fun than a Saiga shorty if suppressed. If you are not planning on buying a suppressor then I would get an 8" Tromix Saiga 12.

4. WoodenPlank

WoodenPlank
    Expand Collapse
    Who?

Building a suppressed 300BLK upper for my 5.56 SBR is definitely on my current short list. it has serious potential for a short range (say, out to 100-150 yards), and very quiet carbine.

5. Javelin

Javelin
    Expand Collapse
    Got Glock?
    Silver Member

:agree:

I really enjoy the platform and it is a serious utility tool for those that want a slight edge in power & compactness. I would recommend those who are looking to upgrade their current weapon system to look at offerings from Noveske especially when going the SBR route as the Noveske rifles operate 100% right out of the box.

Here is my newest 8" Noveske 300 Blackout fresh out of the box w/ Gen II lower.

[​IMG]

It will be added to the other Noveske rifles that I own. I am not a brand hater but I have and own many ARs (Armalite, Colt, etc) but none compare to the quality of my Noveske rifles in terms of fit & accuracy.

[​IMG]

6. pag23

pag23
    Expand Collapse

Maybe I should change my 401K fund name to 300AAC Blackout..... It seems there is very good feedback on this round.. I was just starting to get into 5.56....

7. rjrivero

rjrivero
    Expand Collapse

I really like the 300 BLACKOUT. I was all ready to start building a 300 Whisper or 300/221 Fireaball, however, the Blackout had just been submitted to SAMMI at that time, so I waited.

Being a SAAMI round, it'll generate more interest in the rest of the shooting world.

I actually started casting lead bullets for this round using the NOE #311 Mold. 247gr LEAD in a SBR through a Liberty Mystic.......Should be a pretty fun round for ringing steel out to 100 yards or so, don't you think!?!?

8. vafish

vafish
    Expand Collapse

Nice thing about the .300 blk is that it is based on the .223. Cases will always be easy to find.

Get a set of reloading dies and make your own ammo.

9. agtman

agtman
    Expand Collapse
    10mm Spartiate

That's my take also, FWIW ... :cool:

10. Hoser

Hoser
    Expand Collapse
    Ninja

I have been turning peoples 556 brass into 300 brass like crazy lately. I spend about 30-45 minutes a night forming/trimming brass.

I would say it is gaining momentum.

11. gh0st614

gh0st614
    Expand Collapse

Yea the numbers make it seem like a amazing caliber. I liked 6.8spc and thought it would have gained alot more traction...dont get me wrong people love the 6.8 but I think the .300blk is going to fly past it. Like you said, same brass practically.

12. Hoser

Hoser
    Expand Collapse
    Ninja

Without a doubt. The 6.8 is nice, but brass is crazy expensive compared, you need new mags, new bolt, ect.

13. majette

majette
    Expand Collapse

6.8 will still be a viable cartridge. it suppresses well and has an edge in range and terminal ballistics which makes it a better hunting round for medium game out to 300-350yds.

.300blk is a great round but for a different application. they both will probably be around for a while and make great options for ar shooters.

14. m2hmghb

m2hmghb
    Expand Collapse

I wonder how 30 carbine bullets would do in this cartridge?

15. boomhower

boomhower
    Expand Collapse

If you can either swing the ammo price or reload 300blk seems to be the perfect SBR load.

16. StevieJ

StevieJ
    Expand Collapse

17. Skyhook

Skyhook
    Expand Collapse

I am thinking of just buying the upper (MidWay), but would also really entertain the thought of picking up the complete carbine... who has 'em?

I am one of those who thinks the 3400BLK and AR systems were about the perfect set-up.

Oh, one more thing-- direct impingement or piston?

18. eracer

eracer
    Expand Collapse
    Where's my EBT?

Here's mine (Noveske 8" Lo-pro w/VIS upper.) I love it. The only thing I'm wishing for are inexpensive heavy .308" diameter bullets that will reliably expand at subsonic velocities. Outlaw makes one, but it's expensive.

[​IMG]

#18 eracer, Jan 29, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2012
  19. ghamden

ghamden
    Expand Collapse

I am thinking of getting into .300aac but ammo looks a little hard to get and not to cheap either.

20. ghamden

ghamden
    Expand Collapse

And it looks as if each manufacturer is makng their own variants .300ossm 300 Whisper 300 fireball .

Not my expertise but i feel pretty sure they are not compatible rounds but barrel specific

Found a basic rifle seller says uses all.300 ammo ?????
    Olympic Arms K16SST - 300 AAC Blackout

#20 ghamden, Jan 29, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2012