close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

.300Blk

Discussion in 'Black Rifle Forum' started by gh0st614, Oct 23, 2011.

1. gh0st614

gh0st614

May 4, 2003
    Columbus, OH
    So Im recently single again and I can start saving money towards guns again. I really want to SBR a .300 blackout maybe even suppress it.

Does the caliber still have a bright future? Last I saw it was still kinda in the beta phase with tons of promise and every upper snatched off the market.

Its either that or a Saiga SBR or something somebody posted a pic in the tactical shotgun thread that had me cream my pants.
    [​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

2. Javelin

Javelin Got Glock? Silver Member

Feb 9, 2008
    N. Dallas
    The 300 Blackout is just beginning to gain momentum.

3. Javelin

Feb 9, 2008
    N. Dallas
    But to answer your question: either would be nice. I own both a couple 300 Blackout SBRs and a SBS Tromix Saiga.

I would tell you that my Noveske 300 Blackout is far more useful tool and much more fun than a Saiga shorty if suppressed. If you are not planning on buying a suppressor then I would get an 8" Tromix Saiga 12.

4. WoodenPlank

WoodenPlank Who?

May 15, 2010
    NW Florida
    Building a suppressed 300BLK upper for my 5.56 SBR is definitely on my current short list. it has serious potential for a short range (say, out to 100-150 yards), and very quiet carbine.

5. Javelin

Feb 9, 2008
    N. Dallas
    :agree:

I really enjoy the platform and it is a serious utility tool for those that want a slight edge in power & compactness. I would recommend those who are looking to upgrade their current weapon system to look at offerings from Noveske especially when going the SBR route as the Noveske rifles operate 100% right out of the box.

Here is my newest 8" Noveske 300 Blackout fresh out of the box w/ Gen II lower.

[​IMG]

It will be added to the other Noveske rifles that I own. I am not a brand hater but I have and own many ARs (Armalite, Colt, etc) but none compare to the quality of my Noveske rifles in terms of fit & accuracy.

[​IMG]

6. pag23

pag23

Jul 28, 2008
    Eastern PA
    Maybe I should change my 401K fund name to 300AAC Blackout..... It seems there is very good feedback on this round.. I was just starting to get into 5.56....

7. rjrivero

rjrivero

Apr 23, 2009
    I really like the 300 BLACKOUT. I was all ready to start building a 300 Whisper or 300/221 Fireaball, however, the Blackout had just been submitted to SAMMI at that time, so I waited.

Being a SAAMI round, it'll generate more interest in the rest of the shooting world.

I actually started casting lead bullets for this round using the NOE #311 Mold. 247gr LEAD in a SBR through a Liberty Mystic.......Should be a pretty fun round for ringing steel out to 100 yards or so, don't you think!?!?

8. Nice thing about the .300 blk is that it is based on the .223. Cases will always be easy to find.

Get a set of reloading dies and make your own ammo.

9. agtman

agtman 10mm Spartiate

Feb 28, 2001
    Midwest
    That's my take also, FWIW ... :cool:

10. Hoser

Hoser Ninja

May 22, 2002
    I have been turning peoples 556 brass into 300 brass like crazy lately. I spend about 30-45 minutes a night forming/trimming brass.

I would say it is gaining momentum.

11. gh0st614

gh0st614

May 4, 2003
    Columbus, OH
    Yea the numbers make it seem like a amazing caliber. I liked 6.8spc and thought it would have gained alot more traction...dont get me wrong people love the 6.8 but I think the .300blk is going to fly past it. Like you said, same brass practically.

12. Hoser

Hoser Ninja

May 22, 2002
    Without a doubt. The 6.8 is nice, but brass is crazy expensive compared, you need new mags, new bolt, ect.

13. majette

majette

May 1, 2008
    Norfolk, VA
    6.8 will still be a viable cartridge. it suppresses well and has an edge in range and terminal ballistics which makes it a better hunting round for medium game out to 300-350yds.

.300blk is a great round but for a different application. they both will probably be around for a while and make great options for ar shooters.

14. I wonder how 30 carbine bullets would do in this cartridge?

15. boomhower

boomhower

Feb 14, 2010
    North Carolina
    If you can either swing the ammo price or reload 300blk seems to be the perfect SBR load.

16. Skyhook

Skyhook

Nov 4, 2002
    USA
    I am thinking of just buying the upper (MidWay), but would also really entertain the thought of picking up the complete carbine... who has 'em?

I am one of those who thinks the 3400BLK and AR systems were about the perfect set-up.

Oh, one more thing-- direct impingement or piston?

17. eracer

eracer Where's my EBT?

Apr 5, 2011
    Tampa, FL
    Here's mine (Noveske 8" Lo-pro w/VIS upper.) I love it. The only thing I'm wishing for are inexpensive heavy .308" diameter bullets that will reliably expand at subsonic velocities. Outlaw makes one, but it's expensive.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 29, 2012
  18. ghamden

ghamden

Jan 15, 2012
    West Virginia
    I am thinking of getting into .300aac but ammo looks a little hard to get and not to cheap either.

19. ghamden

ghamden

Jan 15, 2012
    West Virginia
    And it looks as if each manufacturer is makng their own variants .300ossm 300 Whisper 300 fireball .

Not my expertise but i feel pretty sure they are not compatible rounds but barrel specific

Found a basic rifle seller says uses all.300 ammo ?????
    Olympic Arms K16SST - 300 AAC Blackout

Last edited: Jan 29, 2012