.300 Blackout Terminal Performance

Discussion in 'Caliber Corner' started by chemcmndr, Mar 9, 2013.

1. So, to break in my new block of Perma-Gel, I thought it was fitting to try it with the .300 Blackout. Interesting results and cool wound tracts, but it would have been nice to get more of the rounds to stay in the block.

[ame]http://youtu.be/4gockAMUfzE[/ame]

2. Good luck in trying to keep anything but the Vmax in a gell block. At 25 yard it's not happening. Maybe with two blocks. If you want a cheaper SD/HD solution look at the130 gr Speer HP. This is my SD/HD load. Haven't seen any gell testing but I have no doupt it will perform. I'd expect it to be a very nasty wound channel and still do fair against intermidiate barriers!:supergrin:

3. Yeah, I thought 25 yards would not change much either, so I tried it again today at 50. I just got back, so no photos or video yet, but the wound tracts from the Barnes and the subsonics look roughly the same.

4. With that kind of sectional density and such a low velocity I cant see any design bullet staying inside a 14-16 inch block.

But that is a really cool set up. Not practical for me but I would still love to own that setup one day

5. SCmasterblaster

Millennium Member

I guess that you need at least two blocks end-to-end.