close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

3 OIS in Metro Phoenix and a call to shoot Police

Discussion in 'Cop Talk' started by blueiron, Oct 29, 2011.

1. blueiron

blueiron

Aug 10, 2004
    The score tonight so far is one Glendale, Arizona PD officer shot just minutes ago. Unknown as to condition. He was shot with his own sidearm - I am withholding the name.

http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/region_west_valley/glendale/police:-officer-hit-in-glendale-shooting

The east valley had this OIS, but the officers are safe.

http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/regio...lved-shooting-shuts-down-phoenix-freeway-ramp

The west valley had this OIS. The suspect is dead, but the cops are uninjured.

http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/regio...t-by-avondale-police,-transported-to-hospital

The Occupy Phoenix people claim it isn't them, but a flyer advocating the shooting of police officers is being spread around there.

http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/regio...ers-found-at-occupy-phoenix-threaten-violence

Phoenix is getting violent.

2. blueiron

blueiron

Aug 10, 2004
    According to witnesses, the suspect stole a patrol unit and fled one mile to the west when confronted by other officers.

The officer was taken to a well known neurological hospital and is not doing well.

3. jethro21

jethro21

Nov 28, 2003
    arizona
    Glendale officer's status is unknown right now but bad guy is dead. Crazy, I talked to him for about 30 minutes today when I was getting off shift.....

4. Hack

Hack Crazy CO Gold Member

Maybe it is time to take this to another level. Boots, and bats, and rubber bullets!:steamed:

Prayers for the OIS, and injured officers.

5. EMTCOP

EMTCOP

Jun 30, 2008

this!!!

6. Then in the comments section of the article:

Oh Peggy, Peggy, Peggy.

Peggy is not denying she was handing them out at the Occupy Phoenix protest, or that others from her movement were handing them out.

She's practicing misdirection by only discussing one flier found previously, at another protest. I'm sure she (and others like her) had also been handing them out in that past protest. And will continue to hand them out in future protests. When it comes to causing injuries and deaths to LEOs, there's no satisfying them.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2011
  7. ClydeG19

ClydeG19

Oct 5, 2001
    Arizona
    Just heard from a Glendale firefighter friend of mine. He said there is a press conference on right now. Officer Brad Jones died of his injuries.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2011
  8. Sigh . . . smoke and prayers to my Arizona brothers and sisters.

9. blueiron

blueiron

Aug 10, 2004
    Link?

The local media has reported nothing as of 0845.

10. ClydeG19

ClydeG19

Oct 5, 2001
    Arizona
    Haven't seen a link yet, but I also heard the same on KTAR at 0830.

11. blueiron

blueiron

Aug 10, 2004
    Still nothing on the websites of the AZ Republic, KTAR, KKNT, KFYL, KPHO, nothing on Google news alerts. Television has had nothing, as well.

12. jethro21

jethro21

Nov 28, 2003
    arizona
    I found out about 0130 this morning, Brad died in surgery from multiple gunshot wounds.

He did several ride alongs with me through his hiring/academy process. Through few years of his career has come to me for advice, info sharing and joking.

Last night we finished our conversation with him joking about my squad being lazy and me telling him I would put 6 months of my stats against his whole career. He just smiled his mischevious smile. Told him be safe and he said the same.

13. RIP Officer Jones. Condolences to your family.

14. Another legally owned gun used to kill a LE officer.

And I wonder what connection the shooter had with the Occupy Phoenix movement, and whether he had any of those "Kill LEO" fliers distributed by Peggy and her friends.