+3 extensions from MAX100

Discussion in 'Tactical Shotguns' started by DeltaNu1142, Aug 30, 2010.

1. I just got banned... From Kestryll "If you want to address the issue seriously then let me know what the issue is, what the evidence/proof is and a history of the issue."

uh, didn't we just do that?

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. when did you receive it?

3. i thought so......

4. Glockdude1

Glockdude1 Federal Member
    CLM

5. nolt

nolt DONT PANIC!

wait what?

i knew choate made extensions, but they can/will make a +3 extension thats about the same length as most +2s? (ie lines up with 18.5" barrel)

???????????????????????????????????

6. Deployment Solu

Deployment Solu Kydex Crafter

Choate's 3 shot extension will line up with a 20 1/2 barrel. The two shot will line up with an 18" barrel.

7. nolt

nolt DONT PANIC!

DS: I understand that those are the standard lengths for just about everyones extensions. I have the Remington +2 that lines up with my 18.5" barrel.

What confused me was that several people seem to be suggesting that Choate can make the same thing that MAX100 is advertising: a +3 extension that lines up with an 18.5" barrel. (standard +2 length)

Otherwise I'm more or less wondering WHY noone else makes it. Are there dependability concerns? Springs wear out faster? Maybe I'll just call Choate and discuss it with them.

edit: hey from LR btw.

#47 nolt, Sep 14, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2010
  8. Glockdude1

CLM

This is a +3 on my 870 with a 18.5 barrel.
    [​IMG]

Yes, this is a Max100 extension.

9. nolt

nolt DONT PANIC!

Thats what Im talking about, Glockdude1....

The MAX100 +3 extension is the same length as the Remington +2 ext, shown right next to it....

I'm wondering why noone else makes one that length.

10. Your Wondering?? I have been waiting almost six months for a +2 ext for a mossberg 590a1 that nobody but MAX100 makes as well. Now if only I could get my hands on it!! Why doesnt anyone make an ext for these guns I wonder?
    DaFUnk

11. DeltaNu1142

DeltaNu1142 Glock talker

Right. I'm looking for one to fit to length with my 18.5" barrel. I'd seen GlockDude1's photo before and found that to be what I wanted.

I paid for one, and haven't received it, which is why I started this thread.

12. nolt

nolt DONT PANIC!

well like i said earlier i didnt WANT a refund i just wanted my extension.... but now im starting to think i should thank my lucky stars that i got a refund.

13. Glockdude1

CLM

On a side note, I have since had my 870 refinished in Armor Kote.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

:cool:

14. Deployment Solu

Deployment Solu Kydex Crafter

Hey back at ya!! Call Fred and ask him. 800-972-6390. I know they use an oversized spring for reliability and positive feeding. They also use a follower of some length. All these things would cut down on space in the tube, but they have been making extensions for 30+YEARS. They know what they are doing.

I'd run one of these extensions you are trying to buy ALOT before I would trust my life to a shortened spring and a short follower that allowed the spring to potentially bind.

How long has this guy been making extensions????

15. 6 months!!!!!!????!!!!!

16. nolt

nolt DONT PANIC!

Ill do that. Curiosity killed the cat you know...

I agree with this. Particularly based on what kind of answer I get above. But since Im not going to be getting a MAX100 tube, I will likely stick with my stock Rem+2 unless Fred is privy to making one of these shorter +3s...

I have no idea. I think Ive seen posts by him on old threads on SGW forums that are several years old. Beyond that I cannot say.

Thanks!

#56 nolt, Sep 14, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2010
  17. DeltaNu1142

DeltaNu1142 Glock talker

18. as of today not a word from him in response.....

given my history with him and the current circumstances, max100 fits my description of a shyster......

19. I have contacted his local Sheriff's office and am waiting for a response. I am going after the mother f'er!

#59 Chico&Zeus, Sep 21, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2010
  20. pass on any relevant contact info....i'll go down this road as well....

#60 GJG, Sep 21, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2010