close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

2nd prize gun just came

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by S.Kargoh, Jan 25, 2013.

1. yobohadi

yobohadi Peon Trainee

Oct 25, 2009
    Southwest Idaho
    I could sure use that extended mag for plates!

Congrats! You will love the 21.

2. yobohadi

yobohadi Peon Trainee

Oct 25, 2009
    Southwest Idaho
    So, where is the range report... We are waiting. :)

3. S.Kargoh

S.Kargoh

Feb 1, 2005
    WA
    Cleaned it up, lubes it and dry fired about 200 times.

does that count?

4. yobohadi

yobohadi Peon Trainee

Oct 25, 2009
    Southwest Idaho
    As long as there were no malfunctions or brass to face I would say it does! :rofl:

5. How about a report on how long the wait was?

I have the same gun somewhere in the process for about 75 days, they have not cashed the check so I am a little worried.

6. njl

njl

Sep 28, 2000
    :noitacoL
    After about 12 years of GSSF shooting, I've finally won a gun. I don't have the papers yet...but I also have no idea what to pick. Not wanting to have to stock components for another caliber, it'll have to be either 9mm or .45acp. I've already got Gen3 21 and 30 SFs, and a nearly full set of Gen3 9mms.

The one that seems most interesting at the moment is the new 30S. Is that an option on the current pistol certificates, and if so, how much is the "upgrade" fee?

7. JTSmith

JTSmith Œgfdrïńëçł

Mar 22, 2008
    Albany, GA
    I called them last year and asked if I could upgrade to a Gen4 G20, even though they were only being sold as blue labels at the time. I was told that I could and that the upgrade would be the same amount as usual. All I needed to do was write it on the "Flag" certificate. If I'm not mistaken, it's $51+tax to upgrade to a Gen3 .45 or 10mm. Either way, I would definitely make a call, just to check.

BTW, I am jealous. I want a 30S BAD!

8. stak

stak

Feb 6, 2012
    CA
    On my form the G20 is a $51 upgrade and the Gen4 is another $35 so it would be $86.

9. Not everything is on those certs that were printed some time ago, but I've been told by GSSF that you can order any standard production pistol that's in distribution. Based on that info, I ordered a Gen4 G20 about 6 1/2 months ago with no joy yet. In other words... you can order it..... :)

BTW, no 17L, 24, or 24C, obviously.

10. S.Kargoh

S.Kargoh

Feb 1, 2005
    WA

Check the op.

11. Glock is now saying 150-180 days so you have another 3 1/2 months of potential waiting to go - unless it hasn't arrived by then, in which case you have more than 3 1/2 months to go.

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

12. S.Kargoh

S.Kargoh

Feb 1, 2005
    WA
    Finally shot it.

Was okay. 17 and 26 seemed more accurate.
    If I remember correctly, I was shooting about 4-6 inches at 25 yards with those (factory ammo).

The new 21 was shooting 7.5 " at 16 yards with s&b 230 fmj

Tried some workup reloads at various powder loadings. shrunk to 2.5" but wouldn't cycle. 3.5" and would cycle.

Pics to follow.

13. S.Kargoh

S.Kargoh

Feb 1, 2005
    WA
    Factory load was disappoint .

[​IMG]

Low powder starting load. Soft as a cricket fart, but would not cycle.
    [​IMG]

This one was okay. Will do some tweeking to see if I like it.
    It cycled and was moderately accurate.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 20, 2013