29 vs 20 Question

Discussion in 'The 10 Ring' started by TattooedGlock, Sep 26, 2012.

1. TattooedGlock

TattooedGlock NRA LIFE MEMBER

Now that I'm in love with my 20SF, I'm thinking of getting a 29SF for the days I don't want a full size. How much velocity/performance loss if any will there be carrying the 29? Thanks in advance!

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Loading...

Similar Threads Forum Date
    Question on G19 Gen 2 Glock Collector's Club Yesterday at 2:33 PM
    OAL Question Reloading Yesterday at 9:19 AM
    HK91 question General Firearms Forum Tuesday at 5:22 PM
    2 quick questions General Glocking Tuesday at 2:51 PM
    Glock 26 extended magazine questions General Glocking Tuesday at 12:57 AM

3. Given the right ammo, nothing that the bad guy will notice.

4. TattooedGlock

Well as I've learned, 100 fps means nothing at self defense ranges. Sweet. :)

5. AKRover

AKRover 10MM Fanatic

I think a more important question is whether the recoil in the smaller frame is controllable in a stress situation. I have never fired a 29 so I don't know how much different the recoil is from my 20 but I was assume being smaller and lighter the 29 would have more felt recoil.

As stated, your target isn't going to notice the velocity difference between the two.

6. TattooedGlock

Yeah, I'm curious too. I just worked a deal with a guy so I should have one in hand next week or so. Once I put some rounds through it I'll be able to do a good comparison. To me, my 20 kicks less than my 21, with just a bit more muzzle flip. I can't wait to find out.

7. +1 on that

8. I generally notice about a 50 fps drop in most of the loads I have tried. This is with a LWD barrel of stock length.

My loads are nothing super hot. 165 grain at about 1225 out of the G20. The same load is 1185 out of the G29.