2707 Yard 1.54mi shot!

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by Grizzdude, Oct 27, 2013.

1. I browsed your web site but I still have a question.

What did you do to the 110 BA to shoot at such ranges? Is the gun box-stock or has it been reworked?

What load were you using?

The reason I ask is that I will probably buy such a rifle in the fairly near future. I will also be reloading for the cartridge.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. This rifle is out of the box stock, All I've done was add a scope rail and scope. I use 90gr H1000 with Federal 215 primers in lapua brass, make sure you buy Lapua brass. I then Seat the 300gr Berger bullets .010" off the lands. You will have a ton of fun with this rifle, good luck!

3. racer88

racer88 NRA & SAF mbr

Very cool. I've fired .338-Lapua, 7-mm Remington Mag, and .50-BMG out to "only" 1,000 yards. (none of them my rifles) FUN!
  4. Thanks! I have copied this to my notebook.

I use Lapua brass for my 6.5x284 Norma and my .308 Winchester loads. It is excellent.

5. BuckyP

Lifetime Member

I'm just trying to understand the whole speed of sound vs. bullet speed thing. I watched a few more times. So if I get this correctly, you hear the shot at the source, here the ding at the target, then faintly it seems like you hear the bullet sound from the targets perspective. I guess at that distance it's not that loud. :dunno:
  6. Ok I see what your saying, so this is how the sound goes in the video. First you hear the pop from the rifle from the shooters point of view, then after that all sound is from the target cam, as the bullet comes in to the target you hear the sound from the bullet or impact, then a couple seconds later you hear the rifle pop from the targets point of view. The bullet is traveling more than 2x the speed of sound for a good while and then it slows down to subsonic speeds by the time it hits 2400 yards, at that point the sound of the rifle pop is traveling faster than the bullet, but it is WAY behind the bullet and takes an additional 2-3 seconds to get to the target. And you are correct, by the time the rifle pop gets to the target it is not very loud.
  7. YOU are the man!! Awesome vid!
  8. BuckyP

Lifetime Member

Thanks for the detailed explanation. :thumbsup:
  9. NeverMore1701

NeverMore1701 Fear no Evil
    Platinum Member

I'm happy when I do good at 600m!
  10. Holy ****!
  11. VC-Racing

VC-Racing General Flunky

Out freaking standing. :eek:

Sent via da Samsung S4 and da Ohubs Camp fir app
  12. Fantastic Shooting.
  13. Glad you guys enjoyed the vid, Thanks for all the comments!
  14. Awesome Grizzdude! I have to get a .338 Lapua...your videos are costing me money!!!