close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

26l

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by philpac33, Oct 24, 2012.

1. philpac33

philpac33

Mar 16, 2009
    Saw a video on YouTube of Rob Pincus test firing his new 26L- a 19 length slide on a 26 frame- done by Business End Customs. It's basically a 19 with a chopped and textured frame and the slide is polished and marked 26L, has the cut-outs on the bottom of the grip for emergency magazine rips. I haven't gone to their site yet to see exactly what has all been done and although the idea isn't entirely new or original, the final product is pretty slick- blending the benefits of 2 of the most popular(and my personal choice) carry pistols produced today. I've thought about chopping one of my 19s, unfortunately my balls aren't quite that big.

2. Genin

Genin Designated Left

Oct 25, 2010
    Bloomsburg PA
    If you scroll through a couple pages here, someone had recently done this on this forum and did an amazing job.

3. SDGlock23

SDGlock23 Glockoholic

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 25, 2012
  4. njdet354

njdet354

Jan 12, 2010
    Bowie Tactical in Ohio has been doing these for years. His work is outstanding and he's the best to deal with. Straight shooter. Check is web sight. He does several long slide conversions.

5. 153

Dec 31, 2011
    Interesting concept, I actually prefer the baby grip to the longer styles. Not sure that the extra slide length is that desirable though.

Pincus has another video in which he takes a decent G23 and whacks the grip off with a Dremel tool. That made me winch! He must of had too much sugar that day... a good example of why you should be licensed to own a rotary tool. ;)

Good save on his part, worth watching.

6. MarkCO

MarkCO Millennium Member CLM

Dec 21, 1998
    Colorado
    The original thread posted on the "26L" was an advertisement and was thus removed.

The idea is hardly new and there are several shops that have done similar work over the years. If the idea is interesting to you, do your research and pick your poison. Or, go to Harbor Freight and pick up a set of gunsmithing tools. :)

7. DeLo

DeLo

Nov 10, 2011
    Southland
    Pincus's destruction of that 23 was actually the reason he consulted a professional and thus leading the 26L that was advertised on here. Here is where he talks about it.

http://www.downrange.tv/blog/why-am-i-not-going-to-carry-my-new-glock-26l-carry-gun/18169/

8. DeLo

DeLo

Nov 10, 2011
    Southland
    the main thing I don't get is a why a true firearm professional would use aftermarket barrels in a carry weapon.. :upeyes:

9. SGT278ACR

SGT278ACR Retired Veteran

Nov 12, 2011
    16S DE 680 928
    Because this is the USA and even a "true" firearms professional has a choice of personal preference. I don't use an aftermarket barrel for my carry weapon, but I wouldn't rule it out. There are a number of them out there are just as dependable, if not more, than some factory ones.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2012
  10. TFL_Rob

TFL_Rob

Dec 30, 2002
    Trust me guys, I test the reliability before I trust the barrels.

The only reason I do use them, btw, is because I have migrated from .40 to 9mm for personal defense.

Here is pic of my 26L http://www.downrange.tv/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/26L.jpg
    The work was done by Business End Customs.

Yes, I chopped a 23 down with a Dremel, and, honestly, I don't think it was that big a deal. The custom guys all charge a price for the work they do. In some cases (like Lou's) I think it is a very fair price... BUT, you can do a functional mod yourself with minimal time/effort/dollars.

-RJP

11. lsbbigdog

lsbbigdog

Dec 12, 2008
    A true profession will use and give the customer the best .