close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

26 or 19?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by phi1281, Feb 9, 2012.

1. phi1281

phi1281

I'm new to Glocks, after being a 1911 guy since I've been legal. I'm switching down to 9mm to save some bucks on ammo. As far as EDC goes, it makes sense that the 26 is more concealable, but I'd be interested to know what people think of the 19 for EDC and what holsters would be recommended.

Hopefully, the ATL 9mm shortage will come to an end soon and I can seal this deal.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

2. barth

barth six barrels

You can always turn your G26 into a G19 with G19 mags and an X-Grip.
    I did this with my G27.
    But the short grip is sooooo comfortable for CC here in Florida.
    At least for me...
    BTW, If you're a 1911 guy, you may want to think about a Ghost Rocket 3.5 connector
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 9, 2012

3. Islander1

Islander1

The choice is very personal, and only you can make the final choice. That being said, I carry a Gen 3 G19. It conceals just fine for me in an IWB Don Hume PCCH. My opinion is the G19 is about as good as it gets for an all around pistol.
    Didn't know there was a 9mm shortage anywhere. It's plentyful here in Ohio!

4. larson1122

larson1122

I would go with the G26. Very easy to conceal and is surprisingly accurate in such a small package. If you want a longer grip you can always add a grip extension. The pinky dangling may feel weird at first but you will get used to it with practice. I carry mine in a Gazelle IWB holster. Very similar to the Don Hume but it has extra leather flaps on top to make it a little more comfortable to carry.
    View attachment 222813 View attachment 222814

5. 9mm +p+

9mm +p+

I have and carry both, I pocket carry sometimes with an Alabama holster co. pocket holster, I also run a Galco king tuk. The 26 disappears in that, the 19 hides well too.

6. Glock40man

Glock40man

I would go with the G26.

7. Lindenwood

Lindenwood

I have a think for velocity--more accurately, I have a thing for getting +P velocities using mild handloads--so I'd have kept my 17L if I didn't specifically need something that could be appendix-carried while riding a bicycle :p .

Though I now have a G26 figuring it is easier to make a G26 larger than a G19 smaller.

8. SpectreRider

SpectreRider Armed Citizen

Tagged.

If I remember right the G19 is the midsized 9mm and the 26 is the compact.
    I should have started this thread myself. I have been hanging around Glocktalk for years hoping this question would get asked and answered.

9. MinnesnowtaWild

MinnesnowtaWild

LOL :rofl:

10. CharlestonG26

CharlestonG26

I own both and prefer to carry the G26. FWIW, my range scores are comparable with either pistol.

11. bac1023

bac1023

The G19 is my favorite Glock.

12. SD976

SD976

I have the 22/27 combo. The 27 is my BUG to my 22 when on duty, and my EDC off duty. The 26/27 subcompact is awesome. Like others have said, easy to make it bigger with a different magazine.

13. federali

federali

I've owned and used both. The G26 looks very small and compact until you lay it atop the 19 and find out just how little difference there is in size. Of a gun's three dimensions, Length, width and height, length is the least problematic for concealment. Also, The two finger grip makes consistent draws quite difficult. The little finger, while not very strong, seems to have the sensitivity to know when the grip is correct. If you're going to put a grip extension on the G26, you might as well carry the G19.

For these reasons, I sold my G26, which incidentally, ran for over ten years without a single stoppage. My G19, along with my Kahr P9, are my two primary carry guns: the P9 for general carry and the G19 when going into small retail shops where the possibility of getting caught up in a robbery are quite real.

14. James Dean

James Dean

Its a hard call but for CC the G26.

15. happyguy

happyguy Man, I'm Pretty

Both are excellent weapons.

The G26 can be shot just as well as the G19 if it fits you and can be concealed a bit more easily.

Either should serve you well.

Regards,
    Happyguy :)

16. Bruce M

Bruce M

I like the G26 and carry it far more often than the G19; for me the G26 is a bit easier to carry. Also some here have reported shotting the G26 better than the bigger versions.

17. moishlashen

moishlashen Senile Member

Nobody does sub-compact like Glock. That being said a Glock 19 is as close to a perfect gun IMO. Get both :supergrin:

18. FiremanMike

FiremanMike Way too busy

I'm surprised at the direction this thread is taking, usually everyone says 19.. Personally, I think the 26 is more versatile. Get 3 mags, one with a gap floorplate, one with a pierce pg2733, and a glock 19 mag with an xgrip and now you have a gun that meets all scenarios.

I have always had gun ADD. I buy and sell guns frequently because I get bored with them. I will never sell my glock 26, it's just that great.

19. rs7183

rs7183

I have and carry both. I use a Galco King Tuk for 26 and 19. I also use a Sticky Holster for the 26. Very easy to conceal

20. HexHead

HexHead

I carry my 26 waaaaay more than I do my 19. I have MS VM2s for both of them.

Basically, my advice is if you're only going to get one Glock, get the 19. It's a great compromise. But the 17 and 26 combo can't be beat.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2012