close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

25yrd report (bottomfeeders)

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by Berto, May 25, 2012.

1. Berto

Berto woo woo

Sep 15, 2003
    WA
    I went back to the local outdoor bullseye range today, hoping to see if I could pull off some decent shooting at 25yrds.

I still had some ammo for my Tok and Glock 20, so they came. I had to buy some .45acp for the Kimber...but Kimbo is a good gun for this shooting, so it was coming too.

[​IMG]

Ammo was Black Hills 200gr SWC in the .45acp Kimber, typically chronos about 850fps in the 5" 1911.
    The Glock used Blazer (alum) 180gr FMJFP 10mm ammo, a .40SW level wuss load that chrono's just over 1000fps in these guns. (American Eagle equiv. pictured)
    The Yugoslav Zastava used Win 7.62x25 Tok 85gr FMJ, a mid 1500fps load....will shoot through a Skoda, front to back.

[​IMG]

Shooting was 25yrds, standing offhand. I use an Isos stance, if that kind of stuff matters to anyone.

[​IMG]

(continued)

2. Berto

Berto woo woo

Sep 15, 2003
    WA
    I shot 25 rounds through the Glock and Kimber, only had 10 for the Yugo Tokarev (thought I had more, dammit).

I loaded only three at a time, a trick I use to force me to set the gun down and rest my arms. I know, it's stupid.
    The Kimber was the tightest, as I figured, having the best trigger and a load it likes.
    This ammo has shot well and feeds/ejects fine in this gun, it doesn't always lock back the slide though, being a little light-loaded.

4.25 inches, a little high. I held center thinking it would be dead-on, it wasn't quite.

[​IMG]

The G20 was right in there with the Kimber, 4.5" group.

[​IMG]

The Zastava Tok required two sighters to get on black, I held 'sub six' and a hair right to put the remaining eight into 3.75". It's skinny compared to the other pistols, and a challenge not to push the stiffer trigger a little, so the one flyer smoked an otherwise nice effort.
    [​IMG]

For non-revolvers, they did good.:whistling:

3. Berto

Berto woo woo

Sep 15, 2003
    WA

:noevil:

4. Nestor

Nestor Lean & Mean

Jul 13, 2003
    Canada
    That is truly impressive Berto.
    Excellent shooting.
    I would need to focus really hard to print such group at 10 yards :rofl:

5. Berto, you gonna force me to shoot 25 at 25 yards?

Man, that's gonna leave a mark. I can hope for 5 in 4", but 25? Never tried. Ok guess it is time to. This weekend is as good as any :)

6. Berto

Berto woo woo

Sep 15, 2003
    WA
    I dunno, thought I saw some pretty righteous shooting in a few of those threads you forgot.:supergrin:

ETA: The 2206 thread and another you did in G. Glocking.

Last edited: May 25, 2012
  7. We'll see :)

Always wanted to shhot that red star out as a kid at the fair. Had the strategy of going in a circle around the star, too. Just never got the chance. Dad didn't have a whole lot of extra money back then for trying such stuff. Although I did get to try the water gun race a couple times :)

8. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

Oct 23, 2000
    California & New Mexico, US
    Nice shooting as always, Berto.

I've been blasting the bottom feeders too much lately. It's time to break out the wheelguns for Memorial Day weekend blasting. I plan on bringing out the SW 686P and Ruger Blackhawk Convertible 9mm/.38spl/.357Mag. For the .45ACP contingent, I'll be bringing the SW 625 and the other Convertible. I might get funky and bring out the Russian Mak.

9. cheapshot

cheapshot

Oct 27, 2011
    Just a reminder to me that i need much more practice! Fine shooting Sir!

10. ronin.45

ronin.45

Apr 24, 2008
    NE OHIO
    Good shootin' Berto! The autos need love sometimes too I guess.

11. Berto

Berto woo woo

Sep 15, 2003
    WA
    The pistols did pretty well, right there with my Colt OM and Smith 14.

[​IMG]

12. HAMMERHEAD

HAMMERHEAD

Dec 20, 2002
    Minnesota
    Very nice. I'm especially impressed with the Tokarev.

Now I understand why you haven't boughten a reloading press yet.