close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

25th Anniversary Glock?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by donmor53, May 10, 2013.

1. donmor53

donmor53
    Expand Collapse

I have a chance at a deal with a NIB 25th Anniversay Glock 17 that has been signed by silver paint marker by the Gunny...all with a letter of authentication.

What do you guys thinking it might be worth?

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
    #1 donmor53, May 10, 2013
    Last edited: May 10, 2013
  2. INEEDMILK

INEEDMILK
    Expand Collapse

condition? original packaging?

3. Justin1911

Justin1911
    Expand Collapse

They tend to pop up on gun broker for around 750-850 but I don't see them selling for that. A local guy has attempted to sale his nib one for that twice without success. I would pay about 600-650 for one. but with the Gunny's signature, who knows? Depends on you I guess.

4. trekgod3

trekgod3
    Expand Collapse
    Quad-Glocker

I've seen one brand new(not signed) at Gander for $999, but no one can take their pricing seriously.

#4 trekgod3, May 11, 2013
    Last edited: May 11, 2013
  5. JBP55

JBP55
    Expand Collapse

In the $650 neighborhood.

6. SCmasterblaster

SCmasterblaster
    Expand Collapse
    Millennium Member

That sounds about right.

7. Benton

Benton
    Expand Collapse

How much are they asking?

8. JBP55

JBP55
    Expand Collapse

I have 1 of 2006 made 20th anniversary G17's NIB signed by Gaston Glock and I think it is worth more than the 25th anniversary edition because fewer of them were made.

9. donmor53

donmor53
    Expand Collapse

Ohh well...what the hell.

I bought it...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Too late to worry now.

10. vtducrider

vtducrider
    Expand Collapse

It's not a Glock you see every day for sure. Congrats! I bought a 25-year anniversary G17 for $475 a few months ago. It's been shot, but apparently not very much. I didn't need it, but I thought it was unique enough from every other Glock.

11. donmor53

donmor53
    Expand Collapse

That's exactly why I bought it. I haven't gone wrong so far with a NIB specialty of premium investment gun...YET!

Who knows...it might be worth more than I paid for it but for now I just look at it as an overpriced Gen4 g17 in a fancy silver box. Gunny's sig is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it right now and some might prefer that it wasn't there. When negotiating price with the owner...that was exactly what helped me get him down. (My local LGS told me what he could still get one for through a distributor and I used that wholesale price as a benchmark.) Since the guy I got it from won it in a raffle...he's now happy and so am I.

With any "special edition" gun I do recognize that the G17 price could be all it's worth years from now too.

Oh well...too late to worry now... :supergrin:

#11 donmor53, May 13, 2013
    Last edited: May 13, 2013
    Jason spears likes this.
  12. bac1023

bac1023
    Expand Collapse

Congrats! :cool:

13. DeLo

DeLo
    Expand Collapse

very nice! but only 2 mags? =(

14. thetoastmaster

thetoastmaster
    Expand Collapse
    NOT a sheepdog!

So, twenty-fifth anniversary?

Does that mean it's not full of MIM parts?

15. donmor53

donmor53
    Expand Collapse

Welll...after a couple of phone calls and a bit of legwork I was able to determine what I wanted to know about the signature.

First I called Glock and they told me they know nothing about Ermey's signature but as their official representative he could have signed most any Glock product at the functions he attends and that he has been known to sign weapons at customer request.

I then called the event coordinator and was told that the weapon had been supplied to charity "as is" and I was then given the name of the dealer that supplied the weapon and the name of the contact person the charity coordinated the transfer with.

Since the dealer was realtively "local"...I took the weapon to the shop and talked to the contact directly. Upon sseing the weapon...the young man told me that the pistol had been signed for shop by the Gunny himself when he represented Glock at their grand opening the previous year. It seems that along with several customer and other shop Glocks...Ermey signed a few of their stock 25th editions at their request. The young man told me this was one that was held back for just such a funtion.

I was told the signature can easily be removed with a solvent if the new owner desires and the medium would not stand up to much wear and would eventually wear off after a few shooter type cleanings. Since in my case it is a collectible/presentation weapon...it will be kept in it's unfired condition. I'll just leave the signature for now and let any possible future owner deal with the decision to remove it.

That's the story as I know it.

As an after thought...I have decided I might take the time to send a letter and a few pictures to Gunny and see if he might respond.

Who knows...he just might.

16. kda

kda
    Expand Collapse
    NRA Life Member

Thanks for the additional info. Sounds like your downside risk is minimal in any event.

17. whip

whip
    Expand Collapse

Gunny puts his name on anything for a buck. I think he's over played. I wouldn't have payed extra for it.