close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

226 elite

Discussion in 'The Sig Sauer Club' started by tog, Aug 9, 2010.

1. Flipz

Flipz

Nov 9, 2009
    Maryland
    I have the same Sig P226 Elite in 9mm that you posted. Love it.

Both of the mags you posted will work. I have 2 of the 18 rounders in addition to the 2 15 rounders it comes with.

I did change out the grips to the Hogue panel style rubber overmold grips (not the finger groove wrap-around ones). Great grips. Kept the original ones also. But I get a much more comfortable grip with the Hogue's.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2010

2. Last edited: Aug 13, 2010
  3. ottomatic

ottomatic

Oct 15, 2002
    SW Tennessee
    I have a 226 Elite and it has a SS frame, not an alloy one. This is one of my "forever guns" that are not available to be traded, etc.
    Right now I'm waiting for a 22 conversion kit for it.

4. i like the grips, i like the forward serations. i'll never understand beavertails on sigs, but to each their own. BTW to the guy who replaced the grips, ever get the urge to sell the originals, PM ME :) :)

Last edited: Aug 14, 2010
  5. Cobra64

Cobra64 Deals in Facts

I've never understood forward serrations, unless it's to be set up as a race gun.

6. I just think they look cool. tacticool!

7. Cobra64

Cobra64 Deals in Facts

Which one's yours?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. bac1023

bac1023

Sep 26, 2004
    PA
    I'm not a fan of the Elites at all.

I just don't care for much of anything about the Exeter built Sigs.

Make mine a real German or Swiss Sig. :whistling:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. uhhhh one of those cars is a yugo, while the other is a marvel of free spirited german engineering, plus it can toast my giant sliced bread.... finally.... the choice seems fairly clear... =P

Last edited: Aug 20, 2010
  10. tog

tog

Jan 17, 2001
    bac
    what's the difference in your mind/hands?

i like the beavertail and the feel of them
    also the srt

11. Cobra64

Cobra64 Deals in Facts

Beavertails on SiGs are unnecessary. Neither I, nor any Sigster that I'm aware of has ever had hammer bite from a SiG. The 232 had been know for bloody tracks though.

[​IMG]

As for the SRT, one perceived negative characteristic is longer SA creep. A good custom SiG pistolsmith can overcome that though.

12. I agree with you on the tails . If there is a con I have against my 220 carry elite dark , that would be it. My hand feels cramped a little with it . All of my other non tailed Sig fit 100%.

13. bac1023

bac1023

Sep 26, 2004
    PA
    I feel the X-Series are the only Sigs that have any business having a beavertail.

They're basically a high end target/racegun.

14. tog

tog

Jan 17, 2001
    so yall don't like the beavertail
    i do

other than that?
    is there anything qualitywise, or reliablitiywise that would turn you from these ?

thanks for the replies btw

15. A Sig is a Sig is a Sig. some people are uppity about them, but i've had pure german, half german and pure american sigs, from all stages of the last decade and all have worked out jsut fine for me. So, if you got the funds. I say go for it.

16. bac1023

bac1023

Sep 26, 2004
    PA

Not so sure about that...

17. bac1023

bac1023

Sep 26, 2004
    PA
    I can't stand the P238.