close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

.22 revolver suggestions

Discussion in 'Rimfire Forum' started by Masterson, Dec 2, 2012.

1. Masterson

Masterson

Feb 3, 2010
    I am looking to spend under $300 for a .22 revolver. I have been offered a FIE 22- 22magnum single six for $200 (it gets horrible reviews on the net.) I would like to stay with a double action too. Is there anything I should bee looking for? Thank you for the help!

2. If you want a double action .22 then stay away from that FIE. You might want to look for a used Taurus if you need to stay at that price point. Good luck. tom.:cool:

3. Bill Keith

Bill Keith

Jan 3, 2006
    Humble, TX
    I'd recommend a used Ruger Single Six. Dead nuts reliable and plenty:wavey: accurate. I paid $ 225 for mine..blued with 22LR/22WMR cylinders, 6 1/2" barrel.

4. concretefuzzynuts

concretefuzzynuts Brew Crew

Dec 27, 2011
    PNW
    This. And get some Super Colibri for some quiet fun.

5. JohnP82

JohnP82

Mar 18, 2009
    Indiana
    For SA the single six and single ten are amazing, but like you I wanted a DA/SA revolver in .22

I have a Charter Arms Pathfinder that I have been very happy with. DA pull is a little rough, but it has been a very fun gun and has provided me with alot of range fun. I have also shot a few of the Taurus model 94 revolvers and was happy with them as well. The 94 offers a 9 shot cylinder in .22lr which is pretty nice. At the time of my purchase I was between the 94 and the Pathfinder and I happened to get a good deal on the Pathfinder so I went with it. Either way I am sure I would have been happy.

6. I have a Taurus 94 .22LR only, nine shot, 2" barrel, as an understudy for my J-frame size .38 Special. I generally ignore its SA capability for that reason. I've been quite satisfied with it. A similar gun is available in .22mag.

Taurus is now offering a version of the 94 in .22LR and .22mag where the crane/cylinder assembly is swapped to change cartridges. Haven't seen one, but reviews have been good.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire