.22 LR which one do you like?

Discussion in 'Caliber Corner' started by Kentguy, Nov 3, 2012.

1. CCI Mini-Mags are the most consistent out of my Buckmark and 10/22 in terms of velocity. They are accurate and seem to be plentiful in my area. That said, I will shoot Federal and Remington bulk stuff if just out kickin up dust and knockin pebbles. MM's for target use.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. This is truth!

3. SCmasterblaster

Millennium Member

I like CCIMMs, also.

4. I bought a couple bricks of this stuff on sale and didn't think it would be anything more that cheap plinking ammo. So I was surpised when I turned in this 50 yard group with my 10/22. My pinky is there for comparison. About 1" at 50 yards. Not bad for bargain basement ammo and a stock 10/22.

[​IMG]

#24 dougader, Nov 11, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2012
  5. I like Federal Automatch a lot.

6. Tkz

Tkz

I'll second the Federal ammo, best shot to shot consistency that I've found yet. Won't buy the Rem crap any more. Some shots sound average, some sound full power and some sound like they are barely going to make it out the barrel. Talking about plinking ammo. I have also found the mini mag and stingers to be very good. We go thru a lot of 22's so I like to keep it cheap.

7. Or step it up a level and try some lapua.

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

8. CZ 452, .22lr, Mueller 4x14 Mil Dot, Wolf MT. Simply amazing accuracy out here on our ranch.

9. Tkz... "We go thru a lot of 22's so I like to keep it cheap."
    I think that kinda speaks for all of us!

With all the recommendations I have from this thread I now have more ammo to test out then I have time to do it... bummer.:crying:

My Savage rifle seems to handle anything I want to throw through it, but my Colt pistol is just a bit more particular... not much but a bit.

rv4driver... "I use Peters 500 round high velocity bulk packs (brown box) for training and general plinking. Great ammo and great pricing."
    dougader..."Not bad for bargain basement ammo and a stock 10/22."

You guys are about the 5-6 person to recommend these .22's to me. I guess now I am going to have to go out and try these babies out as well.

If you folks keep the recommendations coming - I'm going to have to go out and buy a Semi-Auto Rifle with some huge clips just to fire off all this ammo... :supergrin:

10. SCmasterblaster

Millennium Member

I use CCI .22 Long CB caps for quiet pest control.

11. Berto

Berto woo woo

Totally agree.

For me, the CCI Mini Mag is the standard by which I judge other ammos; if your gun doesn't shoot at least 'good' with mini mags, there's probably something wrong with the gun.

12. SCmasterblaster

Millennium Member

are indeed very good rounds. :cool:

13. Fed 510 or stingers

14. Little Joe

Platinum Member

A rule of thumb I've be taught is that if the gun is a bolt action, single shot, or revolver the cheaper bulk ammo works fine.

If the gun is a semi auto rifle or pistol, it is better to stick to the premium ammo.

There are, of course, guns that are the exceptions to the rule.

15. Little Joe,

I must say I have to agree with you on your point. I know my Savage bolt action Rifle will pretty much fire anything I put into the chamber. This gives me the opportunity to test out all different brands/type of .22's out there.

Also, my Colt Pistol is a bit more particular about what it wants to chamber.

16. For plinking the Federal bulk packs are great. For hunting I lime the Winchester Power Point 40 grain hollow-points or CCI sub Sonics.

17. SCmasterblaster

Millennium Member

I like the Federal bulk pack as well.