Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Connect with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Read up on the latest product reviews
  • Make new friends to go shooting with!
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

Glock Talk is the #1 site to discuss the world’s most popular pistol, chat about firearms, accessories and more.

.22 kit for the G19

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by MTHall51, Oct 24, 2012.

1. MTHall51

Sep 30, 2009
    Is there such a kit? I mean is there some way of swapping barrels etc quickly and easily to let you shoot rimfire .22 ammo? My wife would like to practice with a .22 and I would like her to get used to the feel of the gun I already have. Thanks much.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine
  2. 1RoundEye

Feb 21, 2010
    There sure is. There are actually a few companies that make such a conversion with the most prevelant being Advantage Arms. The cost is a little prohibitive as you can get a dedcated.22lr pistol for nealy the same amount ($300 or so). The kits actually replace the entire upper (slide and barrel) and typically require the use of high velocity .22lr ammunition to cycle the slide.

I have one of the AA kits for the G19/23, and can run Golden Bullets almost without issue, but the occasional FTF does occur. I hear that the preferred ammo is CCI Minimags.

3. ken grant

ken grant

Apr 3, 2004
    middle ga.
    Nothing like having a 22 kit for your every day pistol to practice with. Only things missing are recoil and noise.

Same grip feel, same trigger and manual of arms.
    I must love the kits as I have many of them for Glocks,1911's and AR's
  4. Cole125

Cole125 Silver Member

Apr 5, 2008
    Far West, USA
    I have a Advantage Arms .22 lr conversion slide for my Glock 19, and it has worked well for me. Its a complete .22 lr slide with barrel, you can swap it back and forth with your 9mm slide very fast and easily. Great for training new shooters.

Its not a serial numbered part so you can just order it online without filling out a 4473.
  5. Dave.1

Dec 12, 2009
  6. Constantine88

Aug 5, 2009
    Looks and sounds promising...Never really bought myself a .22 conversion kit. Might have to now. Since 5 months ago I've had a new girlfriend who actually loves shooting. :supergrin: